The Vedas - Scientific Knowledge - Prophecy - The Truth?

by LAWHFol 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

The Vedas are the Core Sacred Texts for the People of the East. Generally the Vedas are to the East as the Hebrew Scriptures are to the West.

Supporters of the Bible, boast of it's Scientific Accuracy,Prophetic Accuracy & General Infallibility. Any Skeptic who studies the Scriptures, with an open mind, will be Left with many Doubts. The Bible contains many Contradictions,Odd Laws,Insane Stories, and an overall Felling of Incompleteness.

At the same Time, most Westerners have been Trained to View the Culture of India, and "Hinduism" as Pagan, or simply non sense. Many Westerners would never even consider, studying the Texts and History of Eastern Religion.

These two Scenarios, lead to a General (Over Simplified) Judgement. . Many Westerners Reason "The Bible is Said to be the Word of God, If the Bible is Flawed.. God is Flawed, Since Logically God Cannot be Flawed, God must not Exist." This narrow viewpoint, sadly hinders one,from Finding Truth.

I make the above claim about "Westerners" Since I am a Westerner, and for 2 Years after Leaving the Org, I never even Contemplated, looking to Eastern Religion for Answers... I reasoned, if The Truth cannot be Found in an Abrahamic Faith, the Truth is not Meant to be Found.

Fortunately, I'm a Big fan of Henry David Thoreau, who said of the Bhagavad Gita "In the morning I bathe my intellect in the stupendous and cosmogonal philosophy of the Bhagvat-Geeta, since whose composition years of the gods have elapsed, and in comparison with which our modern world and its literature seem puny and trivial; and I doubt if that philosophy is not to be referred to a previous state of existence, so remote is its sublimity from our conceptions."

Below is a List of Impressive Facts regarding Eastern Texts (The Vedas) :

1. Sanskrit is considered to be the Highest Quality Language, and Most Logical Language in Existence by Nasa http://www.vedicsciences.net/articles/sanskrit-nasa.html
    2. The Vedas Described Many complex Modern discoveries, in Detail Thousands of Years ago, these Concepts Included Gravity,Quantum Mechanics,The Big Bang,Evolution,Thermo Dynamics,Nuclear Power.
    3. The Vedas Described Many Complex Mathematic methods including : Calculus,Trigonometry,Algebra.
    4. The Vedas describe extremely complex Astrological laws with Great Accuracy.
    5. The Vedas cover areas of Psychology,Philology,Architecture,Biology,Advanced Herbal Health,Acoustics,Philosophy,History,Geometry and Much More.
    6. The Vedas Described the Golden Ratio and the concepts of PI and PHI before anyone else.
    7. The Vedas include Highly Accurate Prophecies of the End Days.
    8. The Vedas include Prophecies,covering every major World Religion today. Their Prophecies include the Coming of Christ & The Great Flood.

Witnesses boast of the Accuracy of the Prophecy of End Times found in Matthew 24 ("Nation will Rise against Nation") This Prophecy pails in comparison to the Prophecies in the Vedas. For Example this Prophecy for the "Kali Yuga" ( From the Sanskrit text the Linga Purana)

"Thieves will become kings, and kings will be the thieves. Rulers will confiscate property and use it badly. They will cease to protect the people. Base men who have gained a certain amount of learning (without having the virtues necessary for its use) will be esteemed as sages. There will be many displaced persons, wandering from one country to another. Predatory animals will be more violent. Fetuses will be killed in the wombs of their mothers. People will prefer to choose false ideas. No one will be able to trust anyone else. People will be envious. There will be many children born whose life expectancy is no more than 16 years. People suffering from hunger and fear will take refuge in "underground shelters." Young girls will do trade in their virginity. The god of clouds will be inconsistent in the distribution of the rains. Shopkeepers will run dishonest businesses. There will be many beggars and unemployed people. Everyone will use hard and vulgar language. Men will devote themselves to earning money; the richest will hold power. The state leaders will no longer protect the people but, through taxes, will appropriate all wealth. Water will be lacking. Pre-cooked food will be readily available!"

It as if, the Writer of 2 Timothy 3:2 Simply paraphrased this Vedic Prophecy.

The Vedas do Not Contradict Scientific Findings in any Way. In Fact MANY Modern Physicists and Scientists, have used the Vedas as a Guide Book, for Scientific Discovery.

The famous Danish physicist and Nobel Prize winner, Laureate Niels Bohr (1885-1962) , was a follower of the Vedas. He said, “I go into the Upanishads to ask questions.” Both Bohr and Schrödinger, the founders of quantum physics, were avid readers of the Vedic texts and observed that their experiments in quantum physics were consistent with what they had read in the Vedas.

A few Modern men of Science who Referenced the Vedas include Albert Einstein,Nikola Tesla,Schrodinger,Oppenheimer.

Furthermore 300 years before Quantum Mechanics, Isaac Newton came up with Classical Mechanics which describes very basic action and reaction. Newton’s entire work in Physics and Calculus was taken wholesale from the Vedas and Kerala book of Calculus. It was simply taken from the Vedas where it was originally used for calculating rates of change in Astronomy and Astrology for many thousands of years before Newton.

This is only the Tip of the Iceberg, when it comes to the Magnificence, and Deep Knowledge found in the Vedas. It is Possible that The Vedas, include all Human Knowledge...

What are your thoughts? Has anyone else studied the Vedas? For those of you who have Given up on the Existence of God, how do you account for the Super Human knowledge found in these Religious Texts?

And for those of you who prefer to Stay away from the Vedas, based on your View that they are Pagan, and Polytheist. I would encourage you to reconsider. The Roots of Hinduism are Monotheistic, and their Concepts of The One True God, far surpass any view points expressed within the Bible.

In my Search for Truth, I have found that when something is Spoke Poorly of,Ignored,Falsely Slandered,Denied by the Masses.. Quite Often this Very object of rejection, is Where Truth is found.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Dude there are other fascinating things besides this that ancient civilizations had knowledge of that are staggering.

What reason do you have to say it comes from "God"?

Why not a time travelers?

Why not aliens?

Why not that they were more advanced than we can understand, then had a set back called religion that caused ignorance to reign?

This just sounds like more Eschatology to me, barf.

I don't see anything unique in any of this.

I could write and eschatologic prophecy and people 1000 years from now would be amazed!! These things talk about human issues and nature, its a key that fits any generation.

The Vedas also gave conflicting creation stories, and attributed gods with storms and such. Changed which god was "the greatest" and so on. Sound familiar? Religion all comes form the same toilet bowl.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol

HI Freemind - Your right, there is Out of This world, stuff.

Your statement here is Reasonable, "What reason do you have to say it comes from "God"? Why not a time travelers?Why not aliens?" Without arguing God or Aliens, or a Superior Human race, you agree, that the Knowledge originates from a source,Greater and More Advanced than we are?

I will mention one aspect of the Vedas, that Indicates Knowledge, that only a Deity / Creator could Possess (I'n my opinion). I don't have a book / verse reference handy, however the Cycle of the universe, is Explained in 3 parts. ( I can find the Reference if you'd like)

1. Creation (The Vedas agree with the Law that Energy can't be Created or Destroyed, so Creation is Actually Just Forming existing Energy into Matter)
    2. Sustentation
    3. Destruction > (Back to Creation)

These 3 Phases are said to Repeat Infinitely, and Interestingly enough there is a New model emerging in Physics that matches this Concept very closely. The model is Called "Big Bounce" and has Three Phases (Formation - Existence - Destruction > (Return to Formation).

Regarding the Conflicting Stories.. No writing in Existence, is Free from Error, and I certainly don't feel that the Vedas are Infallible.

The primary point of this Post, is to Encourage People to keep Seeking Truth, and not to view "Religious Texts" as all The Same, or as all worthless.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Some say that there's evidence of advanced civilization before Egypt and Sumer, wiped out by the last ice age or asteroid. Maybe this is where this info comes from.
  • HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

1. There is no such thing as a big bounce. The Universe is aout to enter a state of accelerated expansion.

2. What is Soma? A mythical pant. Yes I read a few Vedas too.

3. The Veda do not teach god but GODS.

• LAWHFol
    LAWHFol
    I've heard Soma is a Mixture of Cannabis,Ephedra, and perhaps Wine.. I don't think anyone knows for certain.
  • CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

Actually the New Testament is a product of what we now call Western Civilization.

The Tanakh, which Christians call the Old Testament, is actually a product of Eastern thought. Even the Jewish exegesis of it is far different than what is claimed by Christians...

1. The Scriptures are scientifically accurate.

Not in the eyes of Jews. The Scriptures are not the basis for our religion or culture, but a product of these two things. They reflect ancient ways of thinking, employ old and unscientific cosmogonies, even its views on G-d are ancient and primitive when compared with modern Jewish thought,

2. If the Bible is flawed, G-d is flawed.

Again, a Christian thought. The G-d of Abraham and Sarah is not perfect in the way Christians demand and define perfection. In Jewish theology and Scripture G-d is evolving with humanity and learns how to love properly and deal more justly through interchange with humanity. In Judaism it is not wrong to say that it seems G-d created humanity to fill a need in order to move beyond what was lacking in the Creator.

3. Abrahamic Faith

Faith and belief are irrelevant concepts to Jews. We don't "believe" in G-d in any manner similar to Christians who believe it is a requisite to have faith in G-d's existence. Instead G-d is encountered, responded to, interacted with, even challenged. There is no such thing as the "Abrahamic faith." Jews are in a covenant with G-d, and this leaves some of them in active participation with the Creator and others guessing at G-d as agnostics and other Jews dealing with the G-d concept as atheists. But each Jew still remains part of the Tribe, and each can still fully participate in its rich spiritual tradition, theology, and work together to fulfill the aims of Tikklun Olam.

4. Truth is found in written texts.

That is too limited a concept for the children of Abraham and Sarah. Truth can be found where we least expect it. Even the Hebrew Scriptures are not the basis of religious truth, as our "truth" existed for centuries before we wrote them down as Scripture. Our religion was totally functioning with a theology and Temple before Scripture was complete. In fact Scripture was an afterthought, not the beginning for us.

So yes, one can probably find many truths from sources like the Vedas. But you may need to revise your views about the Scriptures of the Hebrews. They are tied to a very foreign theology that many Christians are still ignorant of after 2000 years. Some of your comments about them are in need of a bit revision.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    LAWHFol:
    Knowledge originates from a source,Greater and More Advanced than we are?

The knowledge we have today was not passed onto us by some superior being, rather it is a result of trial, error and necessity over the span of thousands of years. Even if you choose to disregard evolution, if you know your history this should be common sense.

Not trying to be a condescending dick here, but come on! If you just look back in the history of us as homo sapiens, every step we as a species have taken to arrive at our present state can be reliably traced, from the fireplace to the modern microwave.

Freemindfade:
    I don't see anything unique in any of this.
    I could write and eschatologic prophecy and people 1000 years from now would be amazed!! These things talk about human issues and nature, its a key that fits any generation.
    The Vedas also gave conflicting creation stories, and attributed gods with storms and such. Changed which god was "the greatest" and so on. Sound familiar? Religion all comes form the same toilet bowl.

Well said!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Sanskrit is indeed a fascinating language. It is also very conservative. When linguists tried to reconstruct proto-Indo-European, they used Sanskrit, Latin and Lithuanian to help them, I believe.

People of the East are certainly entitled to their beliefs.

Sorry, but apart from that, their beliefs don't matter too much. And where would they be without Western medicine, transport, education, sewerage system, etc? Still throwing themselves on funeral pyres and sh1tting in the street, no doubt.

• Viviane
    Viviane
    wHy iS THere ranDOM CAPTiaLIZAtioN IN yoUR opENINg Post?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit