A word of advice clining to their persecutors ...

by SecretSlaveClass 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

I agree that the younger a person can wake up and become independent the better of they will be, especially before getting dunked. Unfortunately, not everyone is as fortunate. Many wake up in midlife and sometimes later, and by then, they are deeply enmeshed with their social network of friends and family. It’s not as easy for these to step away. There is not a simple one-size-fits-all path for everyone who wakes up.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter
    Very interesting!
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

A very interesting account and well said. I didn't consider your' first post to be smug although some here have endured a lot of grief in gaining mental and emotional freedom.

Thank you for the clarifications though

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

SSC-Your account of life growing up in apartheid South Africa is riveting. Many years ago, I remember hearing an experience at the KH that told of the Borg in SA. Of course that example indicated that all the brothers loved each other equally regardless of their race, it was the secular authorities who wouldn't let them all associate with each other...it sounds like they didn't want to associate with each other in the first place.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass

• Giordano
      Enjoyed your observations greatly. And your sister how did she fare?

Very well actually. She's happily married with two amazing daughters and three granddaughters and is a certified draftsman on the town's Board of Planning and Development. She was determined to be nothing like our mom and is an outstanding mother and grandmother.

Londo111I agree that the younger a person can wake up and become independent the better of they will be, especially before getting dunked. Unfortunately, not everyone is as fortunate. Many wake up in midlife and sometimes later, and by then, they are deeply enmeshed with their social network of friends and family. It’s not as easy for these to step away. There is not a simple one-size-fits-all path for everyone who wakes up.

Absolutely! If you can get out early in life it's a huge advantage, but getting out at any stage of one's life is better than being chained to the Org for an entire lifespan. Most definitely every case carries with it unique elements that must be considered and dealt with carefully. I have to believe that the vast majority who are genuinely looking to get out will find their exit in good time, hopefully with minimal collateral damage.
      umbertoecho
      A very interesting account and well said. I didn't consider your' first post to be smug although some here have endured a lot of grief in gaining mental and emotional freedom.
      Thank you for the clarifications though

Thank you. I throughly enjoy reading your postings and you do so much for this community. In my short time here it has occurred to me that you are without question one of the corner stones of the community.

PaintedToeNail
      SSC- Your account of life growing up in apartheid South Africa is riveting. Many years ago, I remember hearing an experience at the KH that told of the Borg in SA. Of course that example indicated that all the brothers loved each other equally regardless of their race, it was the secular authorities who wouldn't let them all associate with each other...it sounds like they didn't want to associate with each other in the first place.

I'm pleased you found it interesting, thank you. As far as black and white JWs being together at KImgdom Halls went, I had heard of accounts where this happened but never personally witnessed any. The only time I ever saw all races together were at assemblies. I have no idea how the black JWs felt about their white brothers and sisters, but other than my father I never met a single white JW who ever spoke respectfully or kindly of the black brothers and sisters. I'm sure there were some, I just never met them.

P.S. Sorry about the dislike, I meant to hit like but again my sausage fingers messed up on my small iPhone.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe
    Very interesting. Thanks for sharing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit