Is There ANYTHING That Would Make You Go Back?

by SpannerintheWorks 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Better yet... Elder Death Match

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Governing Body Target Practice

• yumbby
    yumbby

NO way. I don't believe in ANY organzied religion to worship the creator (whatever that may be)... and even if god came down and told me to.... I still wouldn't because, I'd rather be happy for my short life now, than be miserable forever.

• larc
    larc

I wouln't go back to meetings, but if they had bingo on Saturday nights, I would show up.

• iggy_the_fish
    iggy_the_fish

Yeah, sure I'd go back, with one or two teeny tiny conditions......

1) Full public apology in person from the GB (for the lies, doctrinal deceptions, dishonest literature, etc), with them in stocks, rotten fruit and manure supplied free.

2) A large bonfire of WTBS books and mags.

3) An abandonment of the NWT as their bible, and adoption of some other one (why not the NIV for argument's sake). An abandonment of their belief in the bible as the literal message of God to mankind. An abandonment of necessarily believing in God at all.

4) Live bands playing the music, let's have some up-beat stuff, inspirational stuff. Thursday night could be Karaoke night. Hall bookshop counters turned into bars.

5) Talks based on philosophy, science, the arts, and only occasionaly theology. Anyone who mentions the last days gets a custard pie in the face.

Someone should tell the GB that there's probably much more money to be made with this sort of "Atheist" religion, than there is continuing with their current strategy.

ig.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

NO, NOTHING! NEVER IS TOO SOON!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit