First Human Clone

by donkey 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Xander
    Xander

A super race of Dubs. Yes men

Yes, but of CLONES?

Keep in mind, the clone is just an emryo - exactly like an identical twin. It still needs a human womb to develop in - the full 9 month gestation period.

Not very efficient for...well...ANYTHING, really.

All it would allow is if the parents wanted an EXACT copy of one of them, but not the other or a combination of the two, that could be done. IE., if one parent had a very significant genetic defect they didn't want to pass on, the parents could just conceive as a clone of the 'normal' parent. Also, lesbian couples can now actually reproduce completely on their own...which has...interesting....implications.

Now, if cloning could be done completely outside the human body - a la 'Attack of the Clones' (The SW:EP2, not a B-movie), THEN I can see some possibilities. As it is now, it just allows picking and choosing of how your child will look (a little more specific that by choice of spouse).

Of course, you just KNOW a black market is going to open up REAL DAMN QUICK here. I can just seem the spam emails now: "Become pregnant with your own Brad Pitt!! (Cloned cell from hair sample off his brush!)"
    "Have your own Denzel Washington!! (Cloned cell from skin!!)"

Just think of the terror celebrities will live in now! People running up, trying to prick them with a needle to get a few blood cells! EEK!

Will it have a choice in lifes matters apart from a pre-programmed thought? Will it be an individual with it's own reasoning, and decision making?

This does bring up even more points. That whole nature/nurture thing should be completely resolved now.

Of course, you gotta admit, having a clone of yourself to raise WOULD be kinda easier. If you raised them (more or less) like you were raised, you'd know EXACTLY how they'd feel in so many situations, it would be erie.

Me? I'm all for cloning!

The important thing to keep in mind is that all cloning provides for is a genetic twin. Just like twins are today. Nothing more or less.

Edited by - Xander on 27 December 2002 15:57:39

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit