First Human Clone

by donkey 20 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

"I SHALL CALL HIM......MINI-ME!"

"My mother was a test-tube and my father was a knife." from a clone in "Friday" by Robert Heinlein.

Coon

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo K...... question is, how and/or why did CNN Health cover this pathetic tabloid trash of an article? Don't they know the discovery of BatBoy is far more believable than this? I mean, I have the bite marks to PROOVE BatBoy is real... see for yourself! *waves ankles with 6 inch scars*

http://www.weeklyworldnews.com/batboy/index.cfm

• Mary
    Mary

That Spokeswoman that was on CNN this morning was an absolute freak of nature: her hair looked like Lilly Munster's and her apparel looked like a poorly paid hooker's rather than someone who is supposedly the Director of whatever in the "Ralien" cult. It'll be interesting to see what sort of "proof" they come up with.......guarantee it'll be pretty shaky cause I personally think they're full of sh!t............I did however, manage to get a picture of some of the members of the Ralien cult when they were in the process of cloning.........

Edited by - Mary on 27 December 2002 10:30:56

• metatron
    metatron

Phooey and hooey!

Natural clones have existed for thousands of years - we call them "identical twins"

On the other hand, this is one more step towards human immortality

metatron

• D8TA
    D8TA

HEY HEY HEY!

Notice the heading in the article which reads:

No data released

THIS REALLY CHAPS MY HIDE!

I never knew I was in bondage in the first place! Tell me, WHO the hell are THESE people to drag me in to their rinky-dink schemes?!

Same old, same old!

Make a clone...yep, drag D8TA in to it! Create controversy...yep, drag D8TA in to it! Somebody initiates an evil and sinister plan for world domination by hyper-bred superior cloned humans....hey why not, let's DRAG D8TA IN TO IT!

WHEN will they leave me alone?! WHEN?! Vultures! Picking at my name constantly like a corpse for their collective community of nerds.

"We need 'data' to verify", they say.

"We need 'data' to prove our silly theories", they say.

DATA! DATA! DATA!

Well I say, "I want beer and women and all you media hounds and scientists...leave me alone damn you"!

• Realist
    Realist

metatron,

how is this one more step towards human immortality?

JT,

LOL, you have to love the muslims and other religious guys!!!

donkey,

a clone is nothing but a twin of the cloned person. so if a sould exists (very unlikely) than the clone should have his own soul.

• metatron
    metatron

The ability to clone organs, in particular, is an enormous step towards
    human immortality. There have already been speculations made about growing
    headless clones to provide new bodies for people (grotesque, I admit).

It also may open the way to physically perfect the human race collectively
    by creating genetically altered babies free from defect and with Methuselah
    like longevity.

Religious leaders will protest and try to stop progress in this BECAUSE THEY
    KNOW IT MEANS THEY WILL BECOME OBSOLETE, IRRELEVANT. The sooner, the better,
    I say. I love reading the Awake magazine try to obscure progress in stem cells.
    They misquote, they obfusticate, they try to explain it away - and progress keeps coming
    relentlessly.

metatron

• Realist
    Realist

oops i read immoral instead of immortal!

i totally agree...gentechnology will eventually lead to a greatly extended livespan.

• Mary
    Mary

My main concern over the whole cloning business is not "can we do it?" but "WHY would we do it?" We've already got over 6 billion people on the planet; why the hell would we need to clone ANYONE???

I agree with cloning organs, as this would be of great help to those liver/kidney disorders and would eventually get rid of dialysis altogether..........but cloning a HUMAN?? I see absolutely no reason WHY we would even WANT such a thing.......

• JH
    JH

Mary,

but cloning a HUMAN?? I see absolutely no reason WHY we would even WANT such a thing.......

Unless they want a Super Race. Maybe like the Watchtower wants. A super race of Dubs. Yes men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit