The Thread that "kills" the WTS

by eyeslice 18 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

Just what is a "drove"?

You say JWs are leaving in them. Other people leave in them. I have never left in one because I do not know what one is.

Anyone have the answer?

Millie

• Moxy
    Moxy

as someone who is skeptical of any 'news' i hear on this board, but has been away for a long time, i would like some elaboratation on this:

For instance, recently it has been made known the Governing Body plans to "liquidate" many tangible assets, buildings in New York city, like they did with the Stanley Theatre a little while back, to the tune of some $35 million we recall.

i cant find any reference to this anywhere in old posts, except someone who said they heard speculation from an elder about stanley theatre but seemed unclear on details. i see mention of a D.O. who said the furman st building was being sold, but thats it. ive heard a lot from my own sources about out-sourcing printing and sending home a large fraction of the bethelites, but the scope and details are not clear. whats the deal?

mox

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

A drove is, appropriately enough, a large group of sheep, larger than a flock.

I don't know. Scientology is a nakedly transparent embezzlement scheme, but people still follow it. Everyone thought that Christ would come back in 1000 AD, but there are still Catholics. People thought the world was ending in 1348's Black Death, but civilization kept going on - there's a sucker born every minute, and all that matters is that individuals can set themselves free if they want to see the lack of foundation behind religion.

CZAR

• JT
    JT

after reading every single post so far-

you guys and gals are too DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!! FOR ME

it is simply amazing that just a few years ago none of us would have thought the way we do- and now with the blinders off, the light is so clear

all the post are just excellent, the wt has a 2 prong attack

1. the brain dead jw will accept anything IN PRINT so we are safe with that group

2. FOR any who leave --we are prepared legally to defend each and every "Bank Account" we have and with the reorganization of NO GB on any corp-

all the dogmas are the result of the GB not one of the new corp are responsible for TEACHINGS AND DOGMAS is what they will claim

and that is the reason why they saw the need to shift the money away from those who are responsible for the dogmas namely the GB- even the Service dept is no longer listed as WTBTS. inc

on all letters to bodies of elders NOWHERE DO YOU FIND THE WORDS WATCHTOWER

they are pretty slick, but the real test will be to see if thier FRONT COMPANIES WILL STAND IN COURT

james

• david_10
    david_10

To Winsome. Where did you come from? I don't post too often, but I read a lot and I don't think I've ever come across your name; it appears that you post even less than I do. But you should post a lot more------------your explantion of the Society's Big Dilemna isthe best I've ever run across. I figured out a long time ago that the biggest problem that the GB has ever had to face is the 1914 situation, and for the life of me, I just couldn't figure out how they were going to handle it. Talk about being painted into a corner. This is a far bigger problem than the the child abuse scandel or the UN debacle or the blood issue or anything else that they've ever had to deal with. But what you say makes perfect sense : they've got around 15 years to stall the R & F, and, in the meantime, they're figuring out how to cash in and leave town with their millions. It's about the only thing they can do, isn't it? But in the next few years, the child abuse cases will be winding through the courts and it's likely that a lot of victims are going to get a lot of those millions. Also, by around 2020, the old timers that have been keeping the organization afloat are going to have pretty much passed on, and with the youth leaving in droves already................................... Well, it's facsinating to think about all the ways that this could play out, isn't it? However, I will also say this : Over the decades, the Society has proven that they have staying power and can take a punch, so I doubt that this will sound the ultimate death knell for them. But there's no doubt that they've got serious troubles ahead. And that's an understatement.

And thank you, Eyeslice-------------great thread with excellent replies. One comes along every once in a while. That's why I love this place.

David

• justhuman
    justhuman

I don't think that the WT will drop 1914...they have many dates that they cannot do that...

I believe that the WT has done all the neccesarry changes in order to keep Armageddon just around the corner. And I do not think that they will make any other changes, since the "generation" has no connection with the year 1914 but they got up with the idea of the succeceive generation, which means even from 100 years from today anyone can see the "sign".

The remnant of the 144000 class they will keep alive the number that suits them since 1931 the heavenly calling has ended, and logically no one should be alive. So those who partake from the emblems should have been born in the early 1900's that means that technically they are all dead. But no one from the rank and file can think regarding the "heavenly class" why the number hasn't change for the past 15 years....

So no need for changes for the WT. ΙΤ IS ALL OVER

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Reading about your post concerning 1914 is interesting. JW's found me in 1976 when I was still in highschool. This was right after the 1975 boondoggle. In my subsquent study of the "Truth Book" I found there were enough other truths to still beleive in this organization so I gave it a good ol college try. Baptised in 1978. Regular in the service for the next 14 years. Then I started to see that 1914 was just like 1975, BOGUS DEAL!! My wife and I gradually faded away successfully and are now happier for the departure. We were never strong believers in the WT date setters. We had many good friends and were in many of the right cliques. Ignorance is bliss. Thank you for the 1914 commnentary. The WT borg is lousy at setting dates.

• hooberus
    hooberus

Now that the "length of time/ generation" teaching has been successfully disconnected from the 1914 date, why would the Watchtower even need to tamper with the 1914 date?

The teaching that there is a remnant of the 144k still alive can be extended almost indefinitely by saying that since some of the remnant fell away they have been replaced by either newbies or witnesses who once thought they only had an earthly hope and who now claim to be of the anointed. I have even read this in past WT arcticles. Likewise the FDS doctrine can hypothetically be continued for an indefinite period because these "faithful" replacements are running the Society.

• garybuss
    garybuss

This religion will by no means pass away till all the available money is collected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit