Who likes winter?

by JH 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Marcos
    Marcos

Hey JH,

My son went frome here (Southern Mexico) to Quebec a few years ago for a Scout get-together. It was in the winter and he had a fantastic time! Still talks about it. Thing is, he doesn't speak French or English yet he still raves about it.

Me, well I live here. Cold doesn't interest me much.

Merry Christmas, Feliz Navidad.

Marcos

• vanilla sky
    vanilla sky

Vanilla sky hisses and runs south

• Utopian_Raindrops
    Utopian_Raindrops

I love love how pretty winter is.....BUT cold I hate!!

I look like a dork every winter....hat's 2 gloves each hand....big furry boots....sweater after sweater ....wool coat....scarve....sometimes even a ski mask

My dad on the other hand is very funny!! He LOVES the winter!! He wishes he could go live in The Great White North!!! Has made plans for that ever since I was a child!!

What makes my dad funny is that he is mexican and was born where it is HOT HOT HOT!!

The story is when he came up north and saw his 1st Snow Fall he fell in love with the icy lace and was running about and playing in it with out even a coat!!

To this day in the winter he goes out without a coat or boots.......has even walked out bare foot to get the paper in the snow!

I always joke with him and say..."What kind of mexican are you falling in love with the winter?"

You would never guess this is the man who was born in very hot weather in the middle of a cotton field his mother was working in.

He is like a child every winter...building Snowmen....taking my kids sledding.....and when he was a young man he was an excellant skier!

Who knows maybe one day he will move to Alaska or Canada....never know.

Edited by - Utopian_Raindrops on 21 December 2002 23:0:28

• Solace
    Solace

WINTER

A few days of snow around Christmas arent bad but I REALLY dont like winter. It kinda makes me want to crawl into a cave until spring. I dont like to talk about it much, but I did post about it on this thread awhile back.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=41198&site=3&page=1

If you check out my post you will understand why I feel the way I do.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I pretty much like any day, any time of the year that I'm breathing.......ahhhhhhh life is grand!

Katie

• Nicolas
    Nicolas

Cool, at least there's someone else than me who are from Quebec. Personally, I'm from St-Georges (Beauce) at around 100 kilometers in the south of Quebec city. And of course, here is a picture of the house where I live with my mother and my sister (I taked the image during the autumn but now, there's a lot of snow):

My bedroom:

Edited by - Nicolas on 22 December 2002 0:6:34

If you have good eyes, you will see the grey and red "Crisis of Conscience" book in the bookcase

Edited by - Nicolas on 22 December 2002 0:14:48

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

You`d best like winter if you live in the Great White North..I love winter,but you need to chop enough wood to keep you warm,.and that`s a fact Jack!,LOL!!...OUTLAW

• teejay
    teejay

I don't care much for winter, myself. I don't mind seeing pictures of it, though, or reading about other people's experiences. Makes me even gladder to be living where I do.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Winter for us is quite brisk and bracing but so invigorating after the summer heat.

Here on the highlands, we even get a British style of autumn with the leaves turning different shades of brown and red.

Just what we need right now as we sit in a sweltering 40 degrees plus celsius!

• OrbitingTheSun
    OrbitingTheSun

I love winter; I love every bit of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit