Interview With an Apostate by Village Idiot

by Village Idiot 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• titch
    titch

Village Idiot:  (Which you are NOT):  Well, I, myself, am totally baffled, flabbergasted...gobsmacked---as to how to send a PM to someone else, too!!!    I haven't figured it out either.  I guess that in time, things will all be "sorted out"  on the new & improved site.  It's easy enough to post a reply to someone---that's fairly easy, but I can't, like you, figure out how to send a PM to another user. It'll  all come in time, I suppose.  In the mean time, I'll keep your post in mind.  Best Regards...

Titch

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

errrm

to pm someone

move mouse cursor over the persons icon

box opens--says--message----click on it

new page opens--type message

send

even i can do it

• titch
    titch

Yes, thank you, stan livedeath.  It worked. 

Titch

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Than you Stan. I was actually doing that but the yellow box was at the top of the page out of sight.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Thank you Clarity and 7StarZ for your welcome.

I'll check out that movie StarZ, it looks interesting. 

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome Village Idiot , an interesting interview .You were only associated for about 8 years and yet it had a profound impact on your life , obviously you bought it hook line and sinker , as I did ,  though I was a slow learner ,it took me 33 years to free the shackles .

smiddy

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

Welcome, Village (clearly not an) Idiot! Well done on extracting yourself at an early age. I was in much the same situation as you. In 1967 My dad accepted a bible study for our entire family when I was nine years old. They all discontinued, because my mom violently opposed. She said no one was going to come into her home and tell her what to do (smart woman, bat sh*t crazy, but smart). Anyway, I was the only one to continue on. I essentially raised myself in The Lie. I determined at age ten that I was going to be a JW and was baptized at age 16 when my father finally felt I was old enough to make that decision. I gave up a college scholarship to "pioneer where the need is great".

I have so many regrets. I married young as most good JWs who marry do. I married a former full-time pioneer, Bethelite and ministerial servant who faded when our daughter was two and a half years old. I raised my little girl and my son in The Lie. My daughter "respectfully declined" a shepherding call when she was 17 years old and went away to college. My son tried to commit suicide and was subsequently disfellowshipped. I didn't wake up until I was 52 years old! Starting over is hard, but it can be done. Please try to re-frame how you think about yourself. You are a survivor, not the "walking wounded". 

Again, Welcome!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Thanks for the welcome smiddy. Looking back at our lives I wonder if we would have gone through the same hell if there was an Internet available back then.

Thank you too for your welcome Sail Away. I'm sorry to hear about your son. Was his attempted suicide related to any Watchtower issues? Is your daughter completely out of The Lie?

• Sail Away
    Sail Away
    Thank you too for your welcome Sail Away. I'm sorry to hear about your son. Was his attempted suicide related to any Watchtower issues? Is your daughter completely out of The Lie?

Yes, my son's suicide attempt was Watchtower related. His JW childhood sweet heart and wife left him for another man and had a baby with that man while still married to my son. No one would have seen this coming in a million years. He did everything by the JW book. She just didn't want the JW life any more and blew the marriage up. The elders gave my son a year to get his act together. It took six years. He is still single, and is doing well. He just got back from visiting his sister, her husband and their brand new baby boy. I'm a gramma now! 

Our entire family, except my nearing 90-year-old uber-dub in-laws, are completely out of The Lie with no intention of ever returning. Life is good. Thanks for asking. 

• MissFit
    MissFit

Welcome Village I.  I look foward to more of your posts.  I was baptised in 76 at the ripe old age of 12.   

Miss.Fit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit