First Time Post - Long time reader

by Samaritan At the Well 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• confuzzlediam
    confuzzlediam

Welcome to the group Samaratin At the Well!!  Freedom from the organization is a wonderful thing!  I was wrongfully disfellowshipped 5 years ago, so leaving was already chosen for me.  But it has taken time over the past 5 years to slowly realize that I can't/won't ever go back.  I know too much to believe anymore.

For me, not only was the ill treatment from the brothers I received when I was disfellowshipped an eye opener, but it was changing the remaining number of 144,000, thus allowing more to say that they were part of it, that those of the remaining 144,000 who were still alive would be taken up into heaven before Armageddon (essentially the rapture),  and learning that the Great Tribulation that we were told had already begun, had not yet begun.  I was floored!!  I was attempting to get reinstated when most of this information came to light and I remember leaving the hall with a pounding headache, immediately calling my husband who had stayed home that day, telling him of what I had just learned.  

I filed for divorce last year after a 25 year marriage, started smoking the day I moved out and went back to school last fall at the ripe old age of 43!!  My kids who are 20 and 17 are not witnesses and are full time students at the local community college now, but will apply to go to the University after they get their Associate's Degrees.  Life is good...my heart is full!  

Look forward to hearing more from you and your husband!!  

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit