The Judgment Day

by Calvinist02 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    What are you going to do when you get judged before the Lord...

I think I'll ask for a Turkey sandwich.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Logical, buddy, love your answer!

What are you going to do when you get judged before the Lord...because you will be, for your sins.
    When I am before the judgement seat, it will be too late to do anything. I live my life now under the wings of His love and forgiveness, which I accepted many years ago. I leave my life in His hands. I trust Him.
  • clash_city_rockers
    clash_city_rockers

Calvinist02, Good to see a fellow calvinist on the board. I the Reformed guy on this discussion board. Sharing the doctrines of grace with all who dwell on this space.... useing resourses from the likes of Greg Bahnsen, Gerhaudus Vos, Louis Berkhof, Cornelus Van Til, 
    Charles Hodge, B.B Warfield, and to think many years ago I was once a JW. Isn't God's grace GREAT. 
    Maybe of your trully reformed we can team up against the JW's, Athiest, Papists, and other foes of the 
    Gospel of grace on this board. 
    Just click on the smaller page Icon under my name to see past post of me calvinising the board. ; 
    blessings, jr

Edited by - clash_city_rockers on 12 December 2002 6:23:15

• Calvinist02
    Calvinist02

Clash city rockers-

So you are also a Calvinist? If so, great! I along with Sangdigger and SwedishChef, are too! :) Check out some of our posts... (see page 3 on "doctrines, beliefs, practices" then Calvinism) Well, it's great to hear! So you were once a JW? I never have been, thank goodness I was raised in a Christian home!

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

The ransom is applicable to anyone.

What about the thief that hung next to Christ? He was not judged according to his deeds, but his faith. He spoke up for Christ when Christ hadn't a friend in the world, and Jesus rewarded him for that with the promise of paradise.

When we speak up, and testify to God's love and mercy, then we are doing Christ a favor, and he will reward us accrodingly. NOt to our deeds, but as to whether our deeds reflect faith.

I think Calvinists secretly WANT to go to hell. They sure talk about it a lot, and have invented elaborate fantasies about it.

CZAR

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

CZAR,

You're right.

We cannot do any "good works" in order to be saved.

We are saved by the grace of Jesus Christ through faith in Him as Lord and Son of God, and His Sacrifice.

Peace and love to you CZAR

• spinner
    spinner

Swedish Chef said:
     "The only way is to apply the blood of the Lamb to your heart."
     You seem to be quoting Revelation 22:14 NWT.; Do you know the oldest
     MMS says, " Happy are those who keep the Commandments, that the right
    to the tree of life may be theirs" (not wash your robes--- NWT).
     Isaiah 65:22 NWT,says, "For like the days of a tree will the days of
     my people be." The Greek Septuagent says, "my people will live as long 
    as the tree of life lives." 
    This goes along with the first Post, 
    Romans 2:12-16;"For the hearers of the Law will not be declared
     righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be declared 
    righteous"-----

So, Mr. Chef, I think there is a lot more for you to do than apply
     blood to your heart like: 1. The original Sabbath is Sunday sunset
     to Monday sunset- from Sept. 2002 to 2003. Many say the laws were 
    fulfilled, and that we do not have to keep them. When was the Sabbath 
    fulfilled,the SIGN of God's People? Not Yet!! See Exodus 31:12-17 the
     original Calendar can be found here: http://www.hurryupjesus.com
    Don't believe me, do the research in a Greek Dictionary!! Spin 

Edited by - spinner on 13 December 2002 0:25:14

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Hello spinner,

I hope all is well with you.

First off, I never use the New World translation, which is completely corrupt. I stick to the King James.
    Salvation involves these two things: repentance, and trusting Jesus as Lord and Savior. Good works follow after salvation, which is the evidence of salvation. Jesus says "ye shall know them by their fruits."
    Bible teaching is that all who trust in the law for salvation will not attain it. Salvation is attained entirely by the grace of God.
    As for the sabbath, it was a sign for the old covenant, in the new covenant, we are to worship on Sunday, the day that Jesus arose from the dead.

Hebrews 12:24 "And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel."

1 Corinthians 16:2 "Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come."

Acts 20:7 "And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."

Like I said above, salvation cannot be attained by good works. No one can keep the law; the law was made to show us that we are sinners.

Ephesians 2:8 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

2 Timothy 1:9 "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,"

Romans 7:4 "Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God."

The Book of Galatians deals mainly about this topic.

Galatians 2:16-19 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God.
    Galatians 2:21 "I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."
    Galatians 3:1 "O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you?"

Galatians 3:10,11 "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith."
    Galatians 3:17 "And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect."

Galatians 3:24 "Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster."

Galatians 3:29 "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Great Scriptures SwedishChef!

Hi Spinner!

Spinner said:

Do you know the oldest MMS says, " Happy are those who keep the Commandments

What are the "Commandments" for Christians?

Matthew 22:36: "Teacher, which is the Great Commandment in the Law?"
    Matthew 22:37: And He [Jesus] said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.
    Matthew 22:38: This is the Great and First Commandment.
    Matthew 22:39: And a second is like it, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
    Matthew 22:40: On these two Commandments all the Law and the Prophets depend."

John 13:34: I give to you a New Commandment, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
    John 13:35: By this all men will know that you are My Disciples, if you have love for one another."

1st John 4:21: And this Commandment we have from Him, that he who loves God should love his brother also.

1st John 3:23: And this is His Commandment, that we should believe in the Name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as He has commanded us.
    1st John 3:24: All who keep His Commandments abide in Him, and He in them. And by this we know that He abides in us, by the Spirit which He has given us.

Matthew 7:12: So whatever you wish that men would do to you, do so to them; for this is the Law and the Prophets.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have learned that the easiest and most sure way of finding out if a Christian Religion is a False Religion or a True Religion, is that EVERY False Religion on Earth teaches that you must do some sort of "Good Works" in order to be saved (in other words, they teach that Jesus Christ's Sacrifice was not enough to save us).

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Also, here are some more Scriptures about the Sabbath and the Old Law Covenant:

Colossians 2:13: You were dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh. He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,
    Colossians 2:14: wiping out the handwriting in ordinances which was against us; and He has taken it out of the way, nailing it to the Cross;
    Colossians 2:15: having stripped the principalities and the powers, He made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
    Colossians 2:16: Let no man therefore judge you in eating, or in drinking, or with respect to a feast day or a new moon or a Sabbath Day,
    Colossians 2:17: which are a shadow of the things to come; but the Body is Christ's.

Christ nailed the Old Law Covenant to the Cross and wiped the curse of the Law away.

Also, the Scripture says Do not judge or condemn anyone for observing [or not observing] a Sabbath Day.

So, I don't condemn or judge Christians who keep the Sabbath Day, nor do I judge or condemn Christians who do not keep the Sabbath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit