The Judgment Day

by Calvinist02 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Calvinist02
    Calvinist02

What are you going to do when you get judged before the Lord...

Romans 2:12

"For all who have sinned without the Law will also perish without the Law, and all who have sinned under the Law will be judged by the Law."

Revelation 20:13

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what he had done."

2 Peter 3:7

"But by His Word the present heavens and earth are being reserved for fire, kept for the day of judgement and destruction of ungodly men."

...because you will be, for your sins.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Revelation 6:15,17 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Matt 24:29,30 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Galatians 6:7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

The ONLY WAY to escapte the judgment you deserve is to have the blood of the Lamb applied to your heart. Jesus is the ONE and ONLY way.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

"Every eye shall see Him." Every eye; the eye of every living man, whoever he is. None will be able to prevent it. The voice of the trumpet, the brightness of the flame, shall direct all eyes to Him, shall fix all eyes upon Him. Be it ever so busy an eye, or ever so vain an eye, whatever employment, whatever amusement it had the moment before, will then no longer be able to employ it, or to amuse it. The eye will be lifted up to Christ, and will no more look down upon money, upon books, upon land, upon houses, upon gardens.
    Your eyes and mine. O awesome thought! Blessed Jesus! May we not see Thee as through tears; may we not then tremble at the sight! (Dr. Doddridge)
    "And the Lord turned and looked upon Peter....And Peter went out and wept bitterly." So shall it be, but in a different sense, with sinners at the day of judgment. The eye of Jesus as their judge shall be fixed upon them, and the look shall awake their sleeping memories, and reveal their burdens of sin and shame--countless and cursed crimes, denials worse then Peter's, since life-long and unrepented of, scoffings at love that wooed them, and despising of mercy that called them--all these shall pierce their hearts as they behold the look of Jesus.
    And they shall go out and flee from the presence of the Lord--go out never to return, flee even into the outer darkness, if so be they may hide them from that terrible gaze. And they shall weep bitterly--weep as they never wept before, burning, scalding tears, such as earth's sorrow never drew--weep never to be comforted, tears never to be wiped away. Their eyes shall be fountains of tears, not penitential and healing, but bitter and remorseful--tears of blood--tears that shall rend the heart in twain, and deluge the soul in fathomless woe. (Anon)

• Calvinist02
    Calvinist02

Yes, only the true believers who have repented will escape the wrath and judgement of God.

• Iwasyoungonce
    Iwasyoungonce
    What are you going to do when you get judged before the Lord

First I'm going to see if there is any coffee in heaven because if not then I am going back to my coffin. 2nd I am going to be so amazed that The Big Giant Head actually does exist that I will be speechless. Then me and God are going to have a little talk about this whole invisiblity thing cause that is just not cool. After that when I get my rubber stamp to get the big APPROVAL from Him that is then we will see cause I ain't been to never never land before.

only the true believers who have repented will escape the wrath and judgement of God

I made peace with myself a long time ago. There is no more self wrath, self loathing, self doubt, or, self judging left in me. I AM doing just fine. I do the best I can. And, that makes my God happy. His secretary even said "Thank You" to me a little earlier.

Have you ever wondered not "if" God exists but "where" God exists?

• Sirona
    Sirona
    What are you going to do when you get judged before the Lord...

IF the bible happened to be "God's Word" then I would stand before the Lord and say

"I'm really sorry, Lord. I really felt that if you were going to give us a message it would be a lot clearer. I mean, there were SO MANY christians saying SO MANY different things, I figured I'd just follow your main idea which was to love people.....oh and I became a Pagan because it made more sense to me. If you want to strike me down to eternal torment, that, in the words of Morrissey (about his 16 months hard labour) is "FAIR ENOUGH". After all, you are God. Bye......."

Sirona

• logical
    logical

get with the program, if you are a true christian then you are supposed to preach the GOOD NEWS which is not "your gonna be judged" its to tell everyone they can be saved through Christ. Telling peope they are no longer under the burden of the law of death, they through Christ they are forgiven and released from it.

I also hope you realise that some of those who are judged according to their deeds will also recieve life, because some of them even tho they did not know it were helping those in Christ, and therefore doing good for Christ.

Unfortunately there are those who will perish, but why dont you quit focusing on the destruction of others and hope they will not be. Take your scare tactics and flush them down the toilet where they belong.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Here is a link to a Thread I posted a while back:

THE GOOD NEWS OF SALVATION -- THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36170&site=3

Who is Good?

Romans 3:10: according as it has been written, "There is not a righteous one, not even one!"

Who has Sinned?

Romans 3:23: for all sinned and fall short of the Glory of God

Where did Sin come from?

Romans 5:12: Because of this, even as sin entered the world through one man (Adam), and death through sin, so also death passed to all men, inasmuch as all sinned.

God's Price On Sin

Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death...

Who Paid The Price?

Romans 5:8: but God commends His love to us in this, that we being yet sinners, Christ died for us.

The Only Way Out:

Romans 10:9: Because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
    Romans 10:10: For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses to salvation.

Romans 10:13: For everyone, "whoever may call on the Name of the Lord will be saved."

You can take God at His Word and claim His promise for your Salvation -- Pray to God and Repent of your sins, ask God for forgiveness, and tell Jesus Christ that you believe in Him and His Sacrifice, and ask Jesus Christ to come into your heart and to be the Lord of your life!

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 11 December 2002 7:16:56

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 11 December 2002 7:17:17

• Navigator
    Navigator

According to the teachings of A Course In Miracles, there is Bad News and Good News. The Bad News is:

YES. There is going to be a day of judgement.

The Good New is:

The verdict is already in. It is NOT GUILTY.

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Gospel Message (not written by me)

*** SALVATION IS OF THE LORD ***

What the Bible Says To You
    About Personal Salvation

The word salvation implies different things to different people. The typical dictionary, for example, defines salvation as, "Preservation or deliverance from destruction, difficulty, or evil." The Bible, however, gives new meaning to this word and reveals that true salvation from sin, and the destruction that results from sin, come wholly and solely from God.

My friend, there is a very pointed verse in God's Word, the Bible, which reads:

So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God
    (Romans 14:12).

Someday, whether it be today or years from now, you will personally give an account of your life to God. May I ask you, what kind of an account will you be able to give?

I would like to take just a few moments of your time to outline what God's Word says to you about salvation and how you can receive it. Please take the next few moments to consider four things. These few moments will be the most important in your life.

1. Realize That You Are A Sinner

Sin, which literally means "to miss the mark," and is simply the breaking of God's law (or commandments), came into the world because of the disobedience of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. That one sin brought death to every man and woman without exception.

Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by
    sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned
    (Romans 5:12).

For the wages of sin is death. (Romans 6:23a).

Sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death (James 1:15b).

The type of death these verses are speaking of is not only physical death, since man slowly began to die when he sinned, but spiritual death as well. This death is described in Revelation 20:14 and 21:8:

And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the
    Second Death.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and
    murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters,
    and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth
    with fire and brimstone: which is the Second Death.

This spiritural death is the result of God's wrath upon man's sin. Because God is holy and just by His very nature, He must punish sin ("The soul that sinneth, it shall die," Ezekial 18:4). In one of the most pointed statements of Scripture, we read:

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all
    ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold [or suppress]
    the truth in unrighteousness. Because that which may be known of
    God is manifest in them; for God hath showed it unto them (Romans
    1:18-19).

Is this not a sobering and frightening thought? Many people today, even religious people, speak of God's love, but few speak of His wrath. But God's wrath is just as real as His love. Why is God's wrath upon man? Because man in his sin suppresses the truth about God that God Himself put in man. By nature man hates God:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified Him not as God,
    neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and
    their foolish heart was darkened. Who changed the truth of God
    into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature [man] more
    than the Creator [God], Who is blessed for ever. (Romans 1:21,
    25).

The Bible reveals that man is so sinful that he is actually "dead in trespasses and sins," and that he conducts his entire life according to "the desires of the flesh and of the mind" (Ephesians 2:1-3). Just as a physical corpse is incapable of resuscitating itself, neither can the spiritually dead man do anything to resuscitate himself spiritually. He can do nothing righteous, nothing good, nothing to please God. Yes, he can do "good things" as far as earthly good is concerned, such as humanitarian acts, but in the sight of God he, like all of us, is:

. . .an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy
    rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the
    wind, have taken us away (Isaiah 64:6).

Nothing that we do here on earth can satisfy the righteousness of God. All of our good deeds and good intentions are as offensive to God as a "menstrual cloth," which is the literal meaning of "filthy rags."

Most people do not think that sin is a serious problem at all. Most think it simply means "an honest mistake" or other such thing. But sin and its results are terrible and ugly.

Romans 1:18-32 paints a truly hideous picture of man's sinfulness. We read there that man suppresses God's truth, is unthankful for what God has done, is foolish, worships other gods, even himself, is unclean, and indulges in vile, obscene, and repulsive behavior. It goes on to say that man is "filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, [and] maliciousness, [that] he is full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, [and] evil-mindedness, [and that men] are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, [and] unmerciful." The last verse then says that "those who practice such things are deserving of death." Yes, sin is, indeed, a terrible thing!

In case we be tempted to think that we might be an exception, consider these words:

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is
    none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
    They are all gone out of the way, they are together become
    unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. For all
    have sinned, and come short of the glory of God (Romans 3:10-13,
    23).

Again, in ourselves, we cannot please God. Spiritually speaking, any so-called "good thing" we do means nothing. There are countless religious people who go to church, observe a sacrament, get involved in a cause, or even get active in "ministry," but it means absolutely nothing spiritually speaking.

But, thank God, "Jesus came to seek and to save that which was lost" (Luke 19:10).

2. Recognize Who Jesus Is And That He Is The Only Way Of Salvation

Of all the questions in life, the most important one is found in Matthew 22:42: "What think ye of Christ?" Some say that Jesus was just a good man, or a good teacher, but if this is true, then He was the most brazen liar Who ever lived, for He claimed to be God (Matthew 4:10; John 10:30-33; etc.).

Dear friend, what do you think about Jesus Christ? The answer Peter gave to a similar question in Matthew 16:13 ("Whom do men say that I am?") was, "Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God" (v. 16).

Jesus was, indeed, God in the flesh (John 1:14) and came into this world to die for sinners like you and me, and it is only through Him that we can have eternal life.

But God commendeth [proves] his love toward us, in that, while we
    were yet sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8).

The gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord
    (Romans 6:23b).

Church membership, baptism, confirmation, or any other "good work" will not save you. Only the blood of Jesus Christ will save you.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of
    yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man
    should boast (Ephesians 2:8-9).

Jesus saith unto him, I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life: no
    man cometh unto the Father, but by Me (John 14:6).

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other
    name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved
    (Acts 4:12).

In Whom [Christ] we have redemption through His blood, the
    forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace
    (Ephesians 1:7).

The word grace is perhaps the most beautiful word in the Bible. It's basic meaning is "unmerited favor," that is, a kindness shown to us who are guilty of sin, worthy of death, and totally undeserving of salvation. The work of salvation, from beginning to end, is wholly by God's grace, and true, eternal salvation from the horrors of Hell is found only in Jesus Christ. "Salvation is of the Lord" (Jonah 2:9).

3. Repent Of Your Sin

Repentance means "to change your mind" and clearly implies turning from one thing to another. To become a Christian means you change your mind about sin; that is, you no longer want sin to be the rule in your life; you no longer want to cling to the very thing that condemned you to Hell.
    Our Lord Jesus made the need for repentance quite clear in Luke 13:3:

I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise
    perish.

Other verses are equally clear:

Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted
    out. . .(Acts 3:19).

. . .God. . .now commands all men everywhere to repent (Acts
    17:30).

. . .repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance
    (Acts 26:20).

God's Word also clearly reveals the reason we need to repent of our sin and believe in Jesus Christ, namely, to have righteousness.

But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
    being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the
    righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all
    and upon all them that believe (Romans 3:21-22).

For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with
    the mouth confession is made unto salvation (Romans 10:10).

Believing in Christ and His shed blood immediately implies our desire for His righteousness. When we come to Jesus Christ, our entire life changes; sin is no longer the rule:

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old
    things are passed away; behold, all things are become new (II
    Corinthians 5:17).

4. Receive Christ As Your Savior And Lord

The final principle of salvation, which we have already mentioned, is believing in (or receiving) Christ, which, wholly by God's grace, gives us eternal life.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son,
    that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have
    everlasting life (John 3:16).

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and
    shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the
    dead, thou shalt be saved (Romans 10:9).

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be
    saved (Romans 10:13).

Believing in Christ, however, means more than a simple mental assent to a few facts about Jesus. For example, it is just as easy to say, "Oh, yes, of course I believe in Jesus, " as it is to say, "Oh, yes, of course I believe in Abraham Lincoln." Even Satan and his demons "believe in" God and even tremble at the thought (James 2:19), but they do not love or obey Him, and hence are not saved.

The word believe means "to trust, to be firmly persuaded as to something" and also carries the idea of obedience. In short, believing
    is obeying. Believing immediately and fundamentally demands lordship, because it has the underlying foundation of obedience, commitment, and submission.

To illustrate, when someone believes something, regardless of what it is, that belief in some way changes them and results in some action or behavior that is characteristic of the belief. For example, we all believe in the law of gravity and our behavior proves our belief (that is, we don't jump off tall buildings).

Applying this to salvation, to "believe in Jesus" means three things. First, it means to believe in Who He is, that He is God incarnate, Savior, and Sovereign Lord. Second, it means to believe in what He did, that He died for your sins and rose again from the grave. Third, it means to believe in what He says, to trust Him and His Word implicitly and desire to obey Him in all things. To obey Him means we acknowledge His lordship and submit to His authority.

It is Biblically impossible and totally contradictory to say you will receive Christ as Savior but not as Lord. Jesus Christ is Lord, and for you to be saved, you must accept Him as such. The Lord Jesus clearly emphasizes that before someone believes they must "count the cost" and then follow Him unconditionally (Luke 14:26-33; see also Matthew 7, in which the whole context is a progression concerning salvation; Matthew 10:34-39; Luke 6:46-49; etc.).

As we noted earlier, salvation fundamentally implies a changed life.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord
    [unconditionally], so walk ye in Him [unconditionally and
    in holiness] (Colossians 2:6).

The life of the Christian is different than that of the non-Christian. His "walk" (that is, his life) is characterized by holy living and obedience to the things of Christ. In the words our Lord:

If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed
    (John 8:31).

If ye love Me, keep My commandments (John 14:15).

Will You Believe?

What do you think of Christ? What is your need? Will you believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord right now? May I urge you to believe without delay. God's Word appeals to those who would put off receiving Christ:

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of
    salvation (II Corinthians 6:2b).

Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day
    may bring forth (Proverbs 27:1).

Without the saving grace of God and the redemption of Christ's blood, you will remain in your sin and spiritual death and will one day face the Lord Jesus in judgment.

God. . .now commandeth all men everywhere to repent: Because He
    hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in
    righteousness by that Man [Christ] whom He hath ordained; whereof
    He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him
    [Christ] from the dead (Acts 17:30-31).

May I urge you once again to believe in Jesus Christ as your Savior and Lord right now. He came so that you "might have life, and that [you] might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10). Truly, "Salvation is of the Lord" (Jonah 2:9).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit