Another quick poll:

by Monster 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Monster
    Monster
    Make that "scandal....OzziePost

Thank you, Thank you, I wasn't sure about the spelling I thought I could get away with it

The 1975 stupidity pushed me to the brink. The oral sex stupidity pushed me over the edge ..shutterbug

The oral sex huh? LOL ...Cool.

But I did see brothers and sisters give up their whole lifestyles and move to "where the need was greater" ... losing their houses, jobs, businesses, etc. ; I can't believe the WT covers over and blames it on the mistaken notions of the rank and file.......CG

Now that's bad I wonder if any of them can sue for losing everything?

My father was considered by the other elders to be wrong to remind the congregation that nobody knew when Armageddon would come except Jehovah.......Robdar

Now that's a good point and something I would never have thought about...

The elders that went deep into debt, thinking that they would not have to repay after Armageddon, resented my father for not having done the same. .....Robdar

I bet they'll listen the next time..

At midnight new years eve Dec 31 1975 my Catholic cousin called my mother and laughed his ass off saying "Well?????" Purplev

LOL,,Now I can picture an Uncle doing that.

Never actually did it - but had alot of fantasies about digging big holes out in the backyard to "hide" stuff - Pettygruder

I would do something like that if I thought the end was coming. I watched a show about what would happen if one of the big bombs (you know we get nuked) were dropped on us..Ever since that I try to figure out where's the best place to hide food in a situtaion like that.

. My mom used to tell us that we would be living in the woods when the day came. I was scared all the time...Jade

Jade I am sorry to hear that but, it's something like that now with my sister. She came back from a "very important" circuit overseers talk. They are at it again.. She was told some of them are going to move into the mountians..I swear!

Did you believe the world would really end? Hell, yeah! morrisamb

Hey Man where you been hiding?!! Long time no see, and now where's the other M?

What were your opposing families like towards you? They liked me. They really liked me!

HAHA, Yeah you are a likeable person, I like you too man..

we were living in Armageddon with my abusive Father..so the big doom day seemed something to look forward to!

I hear you man. It was good to hear from ..Stop by some time and say hi..

Everyone thanks for your comments and experiences it was great I enjoyed reading every answer..

Edited by - Monster on 10 December 2002 23:32:18

• radicalthoughts
    radicalthoughts

i believed everything said from the podium as bible truth...what a mind blowing letdown to hear the same elders explain it wasn't , or shouldn't have been said or thought....at 20yrs old it was the only thing that mattered....looking back it was a true lesson in life...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit