Thank you. Do you know how valuable you are?

by concerned mama 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mindfield
    mindfield

((((((((concerned mama)))))))))

I should be the one thanking YOU for being such a kind, sympathetic person with whom I can confide in. You've helped me much more than I have helped you, believe me. You're a one-of-a-kind person, and a loving, understanding mother to boot. What can I say.... Thank you for being there for me!

• concerned mama
    concerned mama

jgnat,

we are on for next week, check your e mail!!!

Andi,

Congratulations on you marriage. May you and Neil have a long life filled with joy and peace. In one of the wonderful, insightful e-mails you sent me, you said that my daughter might have tremendous personal growth after they broke up. I really held hard onto that idea, and you were right. She is so happy and just sailing! The ex-boyfriend is still really unhappy and confused and I feel for the boy, but I am so relieved that they are apart. The life of a JW teen can be very frusterating. I am fond of the boy, and I know he has years of difficulty still ahead of him.

Andee,

Occasionally, I would come across someone who understood my concern. They were always people who, for one reason or another have learned about JWs, for example, the wife of a judge, or an oncologist, or my neighbour's daughter who is a social worker, or an old friend whose sister in law used to be JW and after 50 years is still bitter. A real common thread in all of this. Those who learn the truth about JWs are horrified. Thank you for the kind words about my posts. So often I felt I had no place on this forum..

larc,

The more I learned, the more frightened I got. They were so emotionally involved for such young teens. No one should EVER say that someone who is so young can't be in love, because they were, but I had to somehow keep one of her toes in reality so she could find her way back. It was so hard to stop myself from forbidding her to see him, but of course there would have been no point in that anyway, as they would have just started sneaking around. I had to educate her and wait it out, and it was the hardest thing I have ever done. I accept your praise with gratitude.

waiting,

This is a fascinating and unique place. I am lucky to have a wonderful "real" life, but this place gave me support and information when I felt lost and frightened. I would read and read, and so much fell into place...the little cultural things that I had confused me. I am very grateful for whateveryone did for me.

Mindfield,

My dear young, sensitive friend. You are the sweetest guy, and you are growing into a terrific young man. You have given me your own special perspective on situations that has been so enlightening. You have lived and are in the middle of so much of the tough stuff of growing up. Just keep moving forward. You help me, I help you. What are friends for, right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit