5 Worst things About JWs

by SwedishChef 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

1. It's a big surprise if they give you a direct answer.
    2. If you corner them they will resort to one of three things: 1) Say the Scripture is a bad translation (of course the verses they quote are always perfect translations); 2) They change the subject; 3) They start playing word games with you.
    3. Many of them view traditions and other writings by famous JWs as having more authority than the Word of God.
    4. Their doctrine completely conflicts with Bible doctrine.
    5. The Watchtower is their head (athough the Bible says Christ is the head of the Church)

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

6. Double Standards.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

#7 - Their policy on blood

#8 - Their 2-eyewitness policy.

#9 - Shunning policy

• jurs
    jurs

10. No holidays

11. no sports , 4-H and proms for kids and teenagers

12. Long boring conventions and assemblies

• garboru
    garboru

Swedish Chef said:
    1. It's a big surprise if they give you a direct answer.
    2. If you corner them they will resort to one of three things: 1) Say the Scripture is a bad translation (of course the verses they quote are always perfect translations); 2) They change the subject; 3) They start playing word games with you.
    3. Many of them view traditions and other writings by famous JWs as having more authority than the Word of God.
    4. Their doctrine completely conflicts with Bible doctrine.
    5. The Watchtower is their head (athough the Bible says Christ is the head of the Church)

Garboru responds:

Do you realise that you sound rather ignorant of JW's. While it has been a while since I was a part of this organization, I know of nobody who believes the writings of famous JW's as having more authority than that of the Bible. You must remember that they have the "tacking boat" theory of learning and can (and do) change thier minds of what scripture says and does not say.

I must point out that any conversation that I have had with trinitarians about just about anything with the Bible has lead to no answers to my questions... just more accusations pointed at JW's (or any other unitarian belief structure).

Plus:

The majority of Trinitarians are very ignorant of the Bible.

The majority of Trinitarians wear rose tinted glasses.

The majority of Trinitarians are the "sit on your butt and believe in Jezus and yer saved" kind of people.

gar

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

Gar, and you call me ignorant?

• garboru
    garboru

SwedishChef said:

Gar, and you call me ignorant?

Garboru responds:

duh!

• minimus
    minimus

From Russell's day to today, the Watchtower Society has felt that their publications have more value than the Bible! Why? Because you wouldn't be able to understand the Bible without the publications.

• Queenie45
    Queenie45

5 Worst Things About JWs By Lisa and mum Linda "Queenie"

1. They answer all questions in a manner much like a politician, by the time they are done spouting off various bible quotes that seldom have anything to do with the initial question, you have forgotten what the hell you asked to begin with!

2. They offer rides to the transportationally challenged "newcomers" and "service Workers" only to use the riding time to give the 3rd degree to any poor soul trapped wihtin their car, or to those they are sure have been indoctrinated, they show just how dysfuntional their "perfect little family" can be in the privacy of a car or van.

3. They only ask you a question if they are sure you won't answer it the way they do not want you to. Raise your hand after answering a few questions not as it is advised in your WTS publications, then raise your hand again and see how fast they call on you again, PS. Don't Hold Your Breath!

4. They think that a child under 5 can sit still for 2 hours straight without making a sound, and if such is not the case, said child will get it's ass halled to the bathroom swiftly along with the typical JW TOOL Kit (i.e., 1 Wooden Spoon, 1 Thick Belt (Buckle Optional) Handkerchiefs (for stuffing in the kids mouth so as to not distrub the quite outside the bathroom of horrors) and for those more advanced JW Pioneer Abusers whom are above any reproach, 1-2 Sharp #2 Lead Pencils for stabbing your child in the leg or arm with when they wiggle too much).

5. They think that enterainment is getting a big bunch of VERY Boring speach makers together to speak for hours on end in an outdoor area in the middle of a heatwave demanding that all be wearing their most uncomfortable "theocratic wear." (i.e., Cheap polyester suits and ties, for the males, ankle length school marm dresses/skirts & shirts for the females, Dame Edna Dresses for all females over the age of 50 are also acceptable).

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

1: The Watchtower Leaders are Liars, Hypocrites, and Satanic Anti-Christs (and always have been)
    2: The Watchtower protects rapists and punishes victims
    3: The Watchtower teaches that you MUST OBEY THEM OR DIE!
    4: The Watchtower forbids Blood Transfusions
    5: The Watchtower is lying about most everything the Bible

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit