Favourite Christmas Songs

by Fe2O3Girl 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I LOVE "O Holy Night"

I HATE "The Little Drummer Boy"

One of you said Christmas seems wrong. Why? Curious. Without the WTS restrictions, I can't see anything wrong with it. But, I would like to know why you think it is wrong.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

It's got to be "O Holy Night". If you've ever heard this song sung by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir- wow- goosebumps!!! - The Mormon faith brought out something good!!!!

I'm with you Mulan- Don't like The Little Drummer Boy. - for some reason it gives me the creeps. There is another one that gives me the creeps too- heard it the other day: "Walking in the Air"- from the movie "The Snowman"

XW

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Any Christmas song by the late Karen Carpenter. What a set of pipes she had. Especially "Home for the Holidays." The radio stations and malls always play that one. Her voice was awesome.

• Mac
    Mac

Still partial to White Christmas (Bing's version)

mac, of the crooner class

• City Fan
    City Fan

The best Christmas song has to be 'Merry Christmas, War is Over' by John Lennon.

I heard 'Merry Christmas Everybody' by Slade playing in a shop this weekend - why can't us Brits have just one Christmas when playing this record is banned or made illegal?

• Mum
    Mum

"O Holy Night" for sure.

"It came upon a midnight clear" brings tears to my eyes.

"Rockin' around the Christmas Tree" by Brenda Lee - not a carol, but a fun song!

• Lutece
    Lutece

JINGLE BELLS!

batman smells, robin laid an egg.....

I like the original and the fun versions of christmas carols

• Shakita
    Shakita

Here's one of my favorites:

I'll Be Home For Christmas

Kim Gannon, Walter Kent (c) 1943

I'll be home for Christmas You can count on me Please have snow and mistletoe and presents on the tree Christmas Eve will find me Where the love light gleams I'll be home for Christmas If only in my dreams 
    Mrs. Shakita
  • Swan
    Swan

I forgot about Elvis singing "Why Can't Every Day Be Like Christmas?" Of all of his Christmas album songs, I like that one the best.

I also agree with Mulan on the Little Drummer Boy.

Didn't Michael Jackson sing I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus with the Jackson 5? I really enjoy the humor in the irony of that one considering that Mommy is a devout JW. Also their version of Santa Claus is Coming to Town is very fun.

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

Help me out here.....

It is the one that goes..."Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...Jack frost knipping at your nose..."

What is the name of that song. I remember as a witness singing along to it on the radio..(in secret), but when it got to Merry Christmas to you... I would just hummmm that part..LOL LOL

Talk about living in fear!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit