Favourite Christmas Songs

by Fe2O3Girl 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

There is Christmas music blaring out in every shopping centre now, it started in mid-November. It works a treat, reminds everyone to get spending. Most of it is rubbish, I feel so sorry for shopworkers having to listen to that for 7 weeks. However, there are a few tunes that evoke a really "Christmassy" feeling.

Mine are:

Fairytale of New York / Pogues w. Kirsty MacColl

Last Christmas / Wham

Simply having a wonderful Christmastime / Wings

Walking in a Winter Wonderland / Cocteau Twins (from the "Snow" EP)

and the one I hate the most is that Chris de Burgh dirge.

What are your favourites/most hated Christmas tunes?

• glitter
    glitter

"Alien for Christmas" by Fountains of Wayne is reaaaallly cool and funny.

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

Hi there Fe203Girl.

My favorite is actually a carol,Silent Night,but sung in German how it was originally,I think it sounds magical.

I dont think I have a particular hate,although I do get pretty fed up with most Christmas songs after hearing them over and over for about 7 weeks.

Take care,

Rich.

• Southland
    Southland

I do like the song Silent Night. But even despite being out for over 10 years, I still don't get all worked up about the holidays. It still feels "wrong." Must be all the JW-programming in me. But then again I don't dread opening credit card statements in January. :)

• imanaliento
    imanaliento

I can't say I have a favorite because I like them all, it's been 12 plus years since I've sung any and I now walk around the house singing to what words I remember but "it's all coming back to me now"

• Swan
    Swan

I really like Jose Feliciano's Feliz Navidad.

And so as not to be totally serious about the holidays, I also like the Bob Rivers rendition of Walking in a Winter Wonderland called Walking Around in Women's Underwear.

Tammy

• blondie
    blondie

I always liked Feliz Navidad. It didn't seem like I was singing Merry Christmas.

Blondie

• Adam
    Adam

Love:

Grandma got run over by a raindeer

12 days of Christmas by Cheech and Chong

Hate:

Anything traditional

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Oh I love all Christmas songs, but let's not forget those who celebrate Hanukah! Adam Sandler has a very funny Hanukah song that really makes me laugh! http://www.pcontrol.org/starpage/adamsandler.html

• onthego
    onthego

There's lots of nice ones!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit