Rodney Spinks' Performance

by maksutov 39 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

When I knew Rod Spinks he was a truly 'black and white ' type of witness. He left you in no doubt as to your status in the congregation based on the amount of witnessing you did.

He always came across like he believed he was the smartest guy in the room.

Most of you will probably understand what I mean when I say that this guy is one of the reasons you left the organisation.

• Listener
    Listener
    A real asset to the bethel branch. Ha ha, he said he was the longest serving in his department. Seems like everyone else left.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

What a complicated religion. If the elders have no idea on the latest doctrines

you feel sorry for the RF. Contact the brach office so we can get the correct

understanding from the scriptures, but every JW is an authority on the Bible.

• ListlessWitness
    ListlessWitness
    StrongHaiku3 hours ago

Considering that the majority of us got baptized without knowing the information in the elder's book and other confidential, but relevant information, as shown by this hearing, then our understanding of what we were getting ourselves into is suspect.

I really wish this could be the basis to have our baptisms annulled. Not gonna happen, I know, but given the amount of information that is withheld from the R&F (as shown in these hearings), I do not see how we could be held to such a dedication with such a lack of full disclosure.

I just wanted to say, this is exactly what has been going through my mind, surely it annuls the 'contract' of being part of an organisation when you find out that their policies and procedures are not openly available to members. (Especially when you were fed the 'wait on Jehovah' line pre-baptism, and were led to believe they were ahead of the game, the most loving and therefore humanistic organisation on earth.) Then when you do finally have a chance to scrutinise their policies and procedures decades later, you discover they are a total shambles!

Not only decades behind secular authorities, but the emphasis on "We would never discourage such ones from going to the authorities" is basically an admission that is precisely what was going on in the past. If someone said that in Child Protection training where I work, everyone would look at them quizzically, thinking "WTF, OF COURSE you would never discourage someone from reporting, that goes without saying!" It is very telling that the GB do not simply say "Encourage the victim to report and support them in that process."

Poxy Cult.

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

It was Spinks who also tried to divert attention away from the GB. Today that point was referred to by His Honour....

He was a bit of an idiot if you ask me....His compliance was a rehearsed thing in order to create a sort of atmosphere of co-operation.

Don't you see that they are prepped before they go on. The thing is, they are often caught out in the actual print. One of their most condemning printed documents in this case is The Bible!! How ironic. The very book by which they proclaim all truth is no longer a sword against the world, no. It's now a double edged sword........they cannot refute their literalistic take on the bible.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"...We would never discourage such ones from going to the authorities..."

Okay.

But would you encourage such ones to go to the authorities?

No?

Why not?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: OrphanCrow - "What is with their obsession with investigating child abuse allegations?"
    Gambler's fallacy?

Ummm...like, a gambling addiction?

Well, if the shoe fits...child sex abuse "investigations" in the form that the elders engage in, feed addictions to child sex abuse material. And, the re-telling over and over again to the predator, of his crimes, certainly feeds into the addictive nature of a serial child rapist.

Hmmm....maybe the Royal Commission should call in a real expert. Someone who is well recognized as an expert on pedophile behavior. Someone with a lot of clout - who has worked extensively with studying criminal minds that have exhibited their psychopathy in child sex abuse crimes.

The judicial process of the JWs feeds the predator's addiction to child sex - they get to hear the stories of their crimes over and over again.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No.

I mean doubling down on the policy over and over in the (ideologicaly-biased) hope/belief that it will eventually succeed despite evidence to the contrary...

...i.e. "...it's gotta happen sooner or later; it's based on the Bible, after all... we just have to hang in there..."

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: No.
    I mean doubling down on the policy over and over in the (ideologicaly-biased) hope/belief that it will eventually succeed despite evidence to the contrary...
    ...i.e. "...it's gotta happen sooner or later; it's based on the Bible, after all... we just have to hang in there..."

Yes. You have just described one of the mechanisms of addictive behavior.

If you haven't seen the movie already, I just love the explanation of gambling addiction in the movie "Money". Al Pacino describes it perfectly: a gambling addict is not addicited of winning - they are addicted to losing.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Ah, got it.

x

BTW, you gotta wonder if Reibling et. al are starting to rethink their WT business connections at this point.

Or better yet, if Reibling actually saw the way the wind was blowing, and segued from "bloodless" medical tech to real estate as a result of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit