Please pray for my dad

by Dogpatch 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Mackin
    Mackin

I'm not inclined to prayer, but my thoughts are nonetheless with your Dad as well as you and the rest of your family.

I hope he recovers quickly and completely.

Mackin.

• Scully
    Scully

I'm thinking good thoughts for you and your dad, Randy.

I'm sure the docs and nurses are giving him the best of care. Usually for a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) they'll start with some heavy-duty clot busters like Streptokinase via IV, and then go to heparin or fragmin (dalteparin) injections, and finally oral blood thinning medication like coumadin. Your dad will probably have some doppler studies done on the affected leg, and maybe several ultrasounds to make sure the meds are doing their job. He will be monitored very carefully for signs of the clot dislodging (if it goes to the brain = stroke; heart = MI; lungs = pulmonary embolism). He may have to go home on a blood thinner - usually coumadin - and take them regularly for a while, so it's going to be important to watch him when he goes home, because he'll have an increased risk for excessive bleeding (be careful while shaving or carving that turkey!) and bruising.

These things usually resolve without any major problems, provided your dad follows the doctors' advice. If there's anything I can do by way of information, please let me know. My e-mail is open.

Love, Scully RN

Edited by - Scully on 26 November 2002 7:12:7

• Kep
    Kep

My thoughts and prayers to you and your Dad Randy.

Peace to you both.

Kep

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Sorry to hear about your Dad. You both are in my prayers and thoughts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit