Human rights issue

by possum 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Sabin
    Sabin

Hey Mrs Possum, its a pleasure never a chore to read such amazing stories like yours. Thank you for sharing.

• possum
    possum
    Thanks to all for the welcome. So good to find a healthy outlet for all the frustration and complexity that comes when leaving high control cult. The WT loss is my gain of all these intelligent interesting and funny minds.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

possum, Thank you for sharing your experiences. It gives me some courage now to do what I have to do this week. I hope you and your partner remain well and something comes of this RC.

Very succinct account.

• Lieu
    Lieu
    Welcome! Keep going towards the light. You've been in darkness long enough.
  • Half banana
    Half banana

Possum thank you so much for giving us your story. Sorry you had to go through so much unhappiness but it sounds like you are made of stronger stuff than the pathetic and deluded JWs you mention albeit of your own kin. How desperate it is to become a JW in the first place and give over your common sense and mind to an unknown bunch of seven religious loonies who you have never known nor will know? We have all been battered by the stupidity of the WT cult but I’m glad to hear that you have enrolled for higher education, I’m certain that it will iron out a lot of the cultic bumps and dents you have suffered. Wishing all the best to you and Mr Possum for the future.

"Rage, rage against the dying of the light" Dylan Thomas

• possum
    possum
    Half banana, thanks, had some help from a good psychologists. In Australia you are able to access 6 free visits on GP recommendation. I think the most beneficial aspect of counselling for me was having the WT speak mirrored back to me sometimes quite incredulously by psychologist and coming to the realization that most of what I thought and spoke was very limited and absolute shit! The psychologist was very hands off and just encouraged me to find my own path. Enrolled in my first worldly training course. (I was already in my 40s and was in the most basic class you can do the majority indigenous persons with very poor literacy) Had a fabulous teacher and just grew from there! left school at 15 and had to work my way through a few levels of education to get enough credits for Uni. Mr possum is very supportive (I am Luddite) an couldn't do it without him!
  • LisaRose
    LisaRose
    Welcome, thanks for sharing your story. You have been through quite a lot, congratulations on making it through and speaking out against the lies. The only way to bring down this organization is for people like you to speak truth to power and expose the loathsome history of a religion that claims to speak for God while turning it's back on innocent children.
  • possum
    possum
    Took a long time to realize that love from family and congreation that is conditional on protecting the abuser (2 wit rule) of your child is no love at all.If I [can] speak in the tongues of men and [even] of angels, but have not love (that reasoning, intentional, spiritual devotion such as is inspired by God’s love for and in us), I am only a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 1cor 13.1
    Or as you say a loathsome religion that actively protects pedophiles and turns its back on children
  • cha ching
    cha ching

Hi possum!!!!

Welcome, and so glad to hear that you have started such an adventure in education! Fun, huh?

Thank you so much for reporting to the Royal Commission! Thunder cannot be ignored, and I am sure that with all of the variety of info they have received, it gives them a broader scope of reality, which of course, will help them understand the depth of the problem.

Thx for sharing your courageous story,

cha ching!

• possum
    possum
    The commission made it easy with support and counselling. Concurring with evidence from witness more respect and support than ever offered by WT. I am planning to use my study to undermine/white ant to reveal there dangerous child abuse practices hidden in the guise of a quasi religious organisation. Some of the victims I wrote about in my submission on the whole will not /can not speak for themselves and actually some will not speak to me for doing so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit