America/US government...a lying contradiction.

by pomegranate 63 Replies latest jw friends

• reubenfine
    reubenfine
    I live in an awesome country. I have a wonderful wife and children. I own 3 successful businesses. I have material possesions. As long as I am not hurting others, I can say and do as I please. I have the right to believe whatever I want to. I have the freedom to worship as I want to. I can travel as I wish.

We can pick laws apart, we can over analyze, but in the end, this is a freedom based country.

No government law has ever tried to take the above listed things away from me.

Freedom, with all due respect, think about what you just said.

I. You have a wife because you got permission from the government to have one. I hope you're grateful.

2. You own 3 businesses. Please tell me how many licences you have that the government has so graciously ALLOWED you to have. Without them you are illegally in business.

3. You can travel as you wish, as long as you have a drivers license, registration, and proof of insurance. So you need two permissions plus one proof.

4. "As long as I am not hurting others, I can say and do as I please." You can't work without a SSN, you can't be in business without a license, and you can't travel without permission. You can't get a bank account without a SSN, you can't have a dog without a license. I "own" my house and property outright, but if I don't pay property taxes, who do you think will be living here in a couple of years? So who "owns" it?

Your government took these things away from you and you don't even know it! What an incredible con job. You're not free if you have to ask for permission. You're a slave and the only question is the degree thereof.

• SYN
    SYN

Well, no matter what anyone here says, nobody will ever convince me that the DMCA isn't the silliest, most corrupt, Big-Business-bought-and-paid-for piece of legislature ever. Really!

The whole taxation thing is the suck, too. I don't even want to know how much tax I've paid my government to do...well, perhaps to buy a new 747 for my President, when over a million people in his own country are on the breadline and falling into the dark pit of starvation.

But, realistically, guys, what exactly can we do about all this?

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Speaking as the chosen spokesperson of the class of anointed bohemians who are of draftable age, I'd rather not start any civil wars, thank you kindly.

However, pour that energy into health care reform, and I'll work with you.

CZAR [of the "Great North American Chicken" class]

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

Ya Czar, I wouldn't condone a civil war, we're not at the point we can't go back. People need to get out there and start voting, and thinking for themselves when they vote. You don't have to vote for a party, vote with logic, and heart, not for a party.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

"The sacred rights of mankind are not to be rummaged for, among old parchments, or musty records. They are written, as with a sun beam, in the whole volume of human nature, by the hand of the divinity itself; and can never be erased or obscured by mortal power." Alexander Hamilton, 23 Feb. 1775

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Read people. READ. LEAVE YOUR IGNORANCE BEHIND. Read the truth of YOUR government expressed by JUDGES that are ON RECORD:

"A tax, in the general understanding of the term and as used in the Constitution, signifies an exaction* for the support of the government. The word has never thought to connote the expropriation of money from one group for the benefit of another." U.S. v. Butler, 297 U.S. 1, 1936

*exaction (n.

1. The act of exacting.
      2. Excessive or unjust demand; extortion.

To lay with one hand the power of the government on the property of the citizen, and with the other bestow it on favored individualsis nonetheless robbery because it is done under the form of law and is called taxation. Loan Association v. Topeka, 20 Wall. 655, (1874)

The U.S. Supreme Court in the landmark case of Pollock v. Farmers Loan and Trust, 157 U.S. 429 (1895) eloquenty expressed what happens when the government becomes a robinhood and tries to promote equality of result [Money] rather than equality of opportunity. We end up with class warfare in society done using the force of law and a mobocracy mentality:

The present assault upon capital is but the beginning. It will be but the stepping stone to others larger and more sweeping, until our political contest will become war of the poor against the rich; a war of growing intensity and bitterness. 'If the court sanctions the power of discriminating taxation, and nullifies the uniformity mandate of the constitution,' as said by one who has been all his life a student of our institutions, 'it will mark the hour when the sure decadence of our present government will commence.'

The legislation, in the discrimination it makes, is class legislation. Whenever a distinction is made in the burdens a law imposes or in the benefits it confers on any citizens by reason of their birth, or wealth, or religion, it is class legislation, and leads inevitably to oppression and abuses, and to general unrest and disturbance in society.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~YOUR government FULL WELL KNOWS that TAXATION is ROBBERY and has NO PLACE in a Democracy. It is a FACT, that TAXATION and DEMOCRACY are at FULL ODDS with each other.

Todays Lesson: YOU do not live IN Democracy as boldly SHOWN by the ILLEGALITY of TAXATION being wholey compared to robbery BY MEN WHO KNOW and who sit in judgment of MAN MADE LAW.

LIKE IT OR NOT...

I have NO PROBLEM accepting THESE TRUTHS that are available to those who wish to find them. It is THESE TRUTHS that add further weight to; MAN was NOT meant to rule over himself. Because if THIS USA GOVERNMENT is the BEST man can come up with, it is STILL DEFINED by men who KNOW, as a government of "robbery."

Edited by - pomegranate on 22 November 2002 10:24:5

1. IronGland
      IronGland

ditto reuben

2. Crazy151drinker
      Crazy151drinker

Presently, the tax on a US citizen's income is approximately 65%. Estimates are for it to be 85% within the next decade if not sooner.

I fail to see how you can come up with these figures prom.

If you are so concerned about the costs of health care, may I suggest you go to sweeden where it is Free. If thats to far, go North to Canada. The reason meds are so expensive is becuase they dump BILLIONS into research.

The income tax rate in sweeden is 55%! Enjoy having NOOO Money.

Im sorry about your troubles, but you are still paranoid.

TH,

As far right as I am on many issues, I think Drugs should be legalized. ALL Drugs. The 'WAR' has been a failure for the past 40 years. Yes, the system has problems, but what are you going to do when we have 200+ Million people all wanting different things?? There is no perfect system here. It is impossible to make all 200+ Million people happy.

It seems like people here hate govt regualtions. As a business man I hate them too. Shit, we get DOUBLE TAXED. However, these same Govt Regulations are there to make sure that the food you eat is safe and the mattress you sleep on doesnt erupt into flames. 100% Pure Freedom leads to Anarchy.

3. sf
      sf

"Your government took these things away from you and you don't even know it! What an incredible con job. You're not free if you have to ask for permission. You're a slave and the only question is the degree thereof."

Bada-bing, bada-bang!

sKally

4. freedom96
      freedom96

I agree Crazy.

Complete freedom could cause anarchy. There must be some sort of order for things to work. Nothing wrong with that.

So I have to get a business license, or drivers license, etc. So friggen what. So I have to obey a few laws that make sense for everyone to follow. It keeps things working.

Things sure could be a lot worse.

Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit