I Was Given The New Return To Jehovah Brochure

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

I hear the brochure is all about sheep. I'm thinking of saying, "Sorry, I'm not a sheep. I'm a unicorn" if someone tries to hand me one.

• minimus
    minimus
    The elder, who really is a very good person, almost begged me to please read it. I told him I would, and he told my mom afterward he was so nervous to give this brochure to me. I was his teacher and groomed him to be an elder. Good heart, loyal to the Organization, always feels he doesn't do enough...a perfect elder.
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I hear the brochure is all about sheep

Image result for general melchett

• Dagney
    Dagney

In cases like ^^^, I would actually graciously accept. I had an elderly mom and I would never want to make her worry more than she already was about my everlasting life. So this kind elder is just trying to do his best for "Jah."

I haven't seen the brochure yet. I wonder if anyone would try to give me one. I was called an apostate this week by a former friend. lol.

• minimus
    minimus
    The truth is, I never felt more relief since leaving the JWs. What a waste of time to be a subject to the GB and the Organization. The religion is a colossal waste of time.
  • Dagney
    Dagney

Me too. Happiest ever. Only regret was not leaving sooner.

The religion is a waster of time, for NOTHING. And the time wasted with some of these families when they could be together but instead they are shunned is just so very sad.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Dagney... I always wondered why my folks never had the JWs over to their house for dinner or get togethers. I think I know why now. I think my parents knew there were issues but didn't know how to deal with it all.

For some odd reason, punky, your image is making me think of this clip from "My Big Fat Greek Wedding":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFemw_6a-Tg

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am increasingly of the opinion that the Writing Department is producing this kind of crap more to reinforce the cult thinking amongst the faithful than to influence former believers, or the public.

They are simply on a mission to retain the people they have, and keep them donating.

• stillin
    stillin
    Phish. Exactly! It makes them feel good, or at least it salves their consciences. Our God is a LOVING God, see?
  • minimus
    minimus
    They say one thing, supposedly in love, but then will perhaps disfellowshipped you for admitting to all your Watchtower sins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit