I Was Given The New Return To Jehovah Brochure

by minimus 32 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus
    I read it but it certainly didn't apply to me. Nobody stumbled me or hurt my feelings. I just know crap when I see it. I know BS when it's around me.
  • punkofnice
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"We need your cash"

LOL

Doc

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    This is the thing though. The WBT$ is trying to say that the reason people leave the filthy, disgusting cult is through no fault of the cult popes. Typical cult mentality.
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    How thoughtful! A little kindling could be useful around a campfire
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

I don't think anyone will give me one .....they don't want me back .....

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

It always makes me laugh the whole shephard and sheep analogy....

Return to the good shephard so he can EAT YOU!!!

• Heaven
    Heaven

So this brochure seems targeted for ex-JWs and only a certain sub-set of that group.

LOL @ punky.

I posted this on a friend's FB page as I am having a discussion with one of his Catholic friends.

The Christian faith is around 2000+ years old. Modern man, aka homo sapien, has been on Earth anywhere from 100,000 to 250,000 years. Where was god and Jesus all that time? People lived their lives suffering, dying early of infections, disease, starvation, many children dying during childbirth, men killing each other over land, women, and possessions and then suddenly after 98,000 to 248,000 years of this, god decides he needs to intervene? And his answer is to send his son to the barbaric, illiterate Middle East to be tortured to death. But we keep on suffering and dying and evil continues to persist. It seems, even though the ransom was paid, it wasn't effective or good enough. Theodicy is an issue all Christians need to deal with at some point.

There are many people who have lived their whole lives without ever knowing of Jesus. There will always be people like this. To judge and punish someone because they weren't born into Christianity or that they reject it because it's claims do not hold up to scrutiny is ludicrous. But this is exactly what has been done for thousands of years.

************************* end of post on FB **************************

There are not enough JWs in the world to preach to everyone. The math just doesn't add up. There are always going to be remote, indigenous people that none of these supposed 'life saving messages' ever reach. Their work is rather pointless when one looks at it from this angle.

• blondie
    blondie

min, I'm sure you have not given many if any the reason why you stopped going. jws are mind readers and think the only reason could be you were stumbled over something that did not happen or you were overly sensitive.

That's the explanation that goes around about me....despite I have never shared my feelings with anyone.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I am waiting for September 18, 2015 at 2:49 GMT or as soon thereafter as possible to be handed one of these brochures along with a note ordering me to take that note to the next boasting session (for a study, probably going the strictest way possible), or else face court. And, from what I have heard, if Scientologists have been known to be court ordered back in, I am sure the jokehovians can pull it off, too. And with Saturn re-entering Sagittarius at the above time, it is prime placement for this to happen.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit