walking around with a bar of gold...

by happysunshine 17 Replies latest social relationships

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Does anybody else deal with this kind of situation?

My current partner of 2 years is very cute, sexy, and exotic. Great, right? Except that we're becoming social recluses. Almost everytime we go out, someone hits on her. Even with friends, they can't help but ogle. The effect is that I don't really have the desire to go out anymore. I don't even feel like getting together with some friends. Any thoughts? -J

• LB
    LB

The effect is that I don't really have the desire to go out anymore

Well trust me, if she's beautiful and she wants to go out then you're in trouble if you don't go out. Cowboy up and enjoy everyone else drooling all over her. She's going home with you.

• rem
    rem

That's pretty much how my girlfriend feels about me.

rem, ducking for cover

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Yeah I am going to have to say the same...suck it up and have fun. Don't be a jealous lover or you will end up sending her packing. Nothing more annoying then a possessive boyfriend.

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

I'm not fooled. You just want everyone to know that your girlfriend is very cute, sexy, and exotic. Okay, got the message.

• obiefernandez
    obiefernandez

Hey man, I think you're going to have to post a picture of your girlfriend so we can judge the situation accurately.

Obie

• Skeptic
    Skeptic

I agree with joannadandy and LB. You are shooting yourself in the foot. Trust me, I am the foremost expert at that.

If you can't handle her beauty, then change ladies. You owe it to her to have a normal life.

My first soul mate was so beautiful she got hit on at least for times a day. I know because I counted during the 2 to 4 hours a day I visited her at the store she owned. God knows what the normal daily total was. I knew she only wanted me, and the attention she got made both of us feel good.

Now, I am not sure I would not like guys hitting on my lady. I think I am getting insecure or something. But I sure as hell would make certain both of us had a normal life anyway. The guys can look all they want, it would make her feel good if they did.

If you are meeting her needs, she will never stray. If you are not meeting her needs, good luck.

Richard, who was never jealous until recently

Edited by - Skeptic on 13 November 2002 22:7:26

Edited by - Skeptic on 13 November 2002 22:8:8

• Perry
    Perry

Set your boundaries and stand your ground. Be fair.... but for god's sake don't enable an ego maniac. Beautiful women are a dime a dozen. Find one that gets irrritated at being oogoled over and you got a treasure.

Don't be afraid of saying good bye. Don't be too surprised if she does. Get a life, be a leader, be willing to be led, find a common purpose.

Little truths by Perry Little

• larc
    larc

I think you should leave her and get involved with a real ugly woman, who nobody looks at. Yes, yes, I think that is the solution.

• happysunshine
    happysunshine

Ha Ha Lark- believe it or not I actualy considered that. I used to purposly avoid getting serious with hot chicks because they were often a lot of trouble. But she's actual nice and hot, so I took it to the next level ;-).

Thanks for the responses all.- J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit