Demon Stories - lets hear them?

by hippikon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfy
    Wolfy

I have alot of stories that involve myself as well as friends and family. I am of the opinion that there is indeed something that causes strange things to happen. I have posted previously regarding some things that have happened and for which there is no explanation. This is the only reason I consider myself and agnostic and not an atheist. Whether it is demons or not is another matter. What causes these strange things to happen?Dunno..

Example:

My mother was not a JW at the time. Living on the east coast of Canada you see many old homes and communities. My grandparents and my mother and her siblings moved into a very old house. Here's what happened...Rocking chair would rock itself,TV on and off by itself as well as the lights. Sounds coming from the kitchen where it sounded like a party and they would go in and the noise would stop..Nothing there...This one was witnessed by my mother and two of my aunts...My grandmother tried to open the front door but it would not open. Then down the stairs they seen what they called a ghost of a man in sailor clothes. He walked down the stairs and through the door. Well..They all freaked out and my grandmother tried to smash the glass on the door.. The thing she was trying to smash the glass but her arm got thrown back and the object flew out of her hand..Scared them all really bad. BTW turns out the original owner of the house was a Captain of an old fishing boat over 100 years prior..His daughters ran a Brothel out of the house..yeech(My aunt found a story about the house in a ghost stories book about 10 years ago)

My youngest aunt was 4 in that house..She talked about her friend that visited her at night when she went to sleep. My family bascially thought it was just her imagination until they found an old picture in the attic. My then 4yr old aunt got really excited saying that was the lady who used to sit on her bed at night..Freaky eh. BTW my aunts are not JW's.

There is alot of other stuff. Things I have expierenced that when I think about raises the hair on the back of my neck. I do believe there is something that does this stuff but not sure if I can swallow the JW explanation for it..

I realize some things do have a rational explanation. On the other hand there are things that have occurred that I have no way of explaining. Maybe other people can explain these things away but I am unable to. Even to this day I am sensitive to certain things. I used to be really bad. I would pick up a cd or book and get an instant intense headache(sometimes accompanied by a nosebleed) and a very uncomfortable feeling between my shoulder blades. This does not happen so much anymore but it does occur on occasion.

Anyway just my experiences and my families.

Wolfy

My thoughts..

Wolfy

• Bendrr
    Bendrr

DFWnonJW that bed story made me laugh. How many "ghost" stories can be explained away by events like that? Then again, there's some that just can't be explained away.

Like I said before, I've never seen or experienced anything that I'd call paranormal. Closest thing I've had was this picture I took last year. I've posted about this before but I'll go into it again. I didn't even think anything about it until I was showing the pictures I took at an old cemetary and a friend of mine pointed it out. The blurs only appeared on this one picture. The camera lens wasn't smudged and I don't think it's from the sunlight. These graves are unique in Rose Hill, they're the only two with black iron coverings and there are no names. It doesn't look like the names faded over time, there just aren't any.

Mike.

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

All of this is very familiar (I heard such stories often from patients) but felt my credibility would suffer if I repeated them so as a result I have never written up any of these cases (and if I did I am sure that my critics in the Watchtower would blast me!). So many people make these claims (even some Witnesses did that I felt were credible) that one wonders could there be some truth to them??? Maybe not, but than???

• Jerry Bergman
    Jerry Bergman

All of these stories are very familiar to me (I heard such stories often from patients) but felt my credibility would suffer if I repeated them, so as a result I have never written up any of these cases for publication (and if I did I am sure that my critics in the Watchtower would blast me!). So many Witnesses made these claims (even some Witnesses that I felt were credible) that one wonders, could there be some truth to them??? Maybe not, but then who knows??? Most scientists would conclude they were manifestations of emotional problem but some people I knew who made them were well adjusted.

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I've had unexplained events occur in my life-one occured recently, right around the time I chose to send in my DA letter, but I wouldn't call it a demon story.I can't really say whether or not it was a figment of my imagination, but at any rate, it left me comforted, not terrrified.

I have, however, had an experience pre-JW times with a seance that was interesting.

Being so newly out of the org, I've been kind of suspending my judgement on everything until my head is a little clearer and I'm a little more focused.

Wow, Bendrr, those gravesites are beautiful. If I wasn't going to be cremated, I'd like a site like that.I used to love to go to graveyards when I was younger. They are such peaceful places. I never met any ghosts, though.

• Robdar
    Robdar

I one time had a boyfriend who had a storage unit, something like a little metal shed, in his yard. I kid you not, you could hear things moving around in there. If you opened the door to look, you would notice that many items in this shed had been rearranged.

He said that a poltergeist or something similar had become attracted to an item his sister owned. When his sister moved out of state, she had placed that item in his shed for storage and the poltergeist was still hanging out with the item and rearranging the contents of his shed on a nightly basis.

Many times, I opened the door to that shed and each time something had been rearranged.

Robyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit