Geraldo Rivera Reporting from Dallas

by xenawarrior 33 Replies latest jw friends

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

lol@mac remind me to send you those black strappy numbers, ok?

just to tell everyone--i had a wonderful time. it was great to see the people i already had met and so much fun to meet new ones. my only regret is that texas is so dang far away from wisconsin--waaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!!!! i'm still exhausted from my trip--do you people put something in the water down there or what??

native, roo, and xw--damn you for making me salsa dance, damn you i say heehee

hopefully i can get my film developed tonight and possibly post some pics.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((to all)))))))))))))))))))))))))

becky

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Noone is dead yet.

thankgodforthat!

Whats for dinner?or I guess i should say What was for dinner?

that cactus looking thing?

Edited by - plmkrzy on 12 November 2002 8:28:24

• TheStar
    TheStar

Big Tex,

I'll run down the menu for ya...

The cactus looking things were Tamales (although they didn't look like a cactus to me...hehe) you've probably seen or eatin a different version of it at a Mexican resturant... they're usually wrapped in corn husks and are much smaller in size but El Salvadorians abviously have their own twist to them.

The meat both beef and chicken are Fajitas (but I doubt that is the word used in El Salvador, the restaurant probably named it that to get us Texans in their doors... hehe)

The Pancake looking thing is called a Pupusa not Papusa which is entirely a different thing... LOL (that's an El Salvadorian specialty... I used to work with some El Salvadorians and they got me hooked on em)

The fried potato like tasting, long stick looking thing is called Yuca, which is much tastier when still warm and fresh out of the fryer.

The tasty banana like thing is called Platano which is like a banana but you can not eat it raw, it has to be fried or baked... and once it is it's sooo yummy...

The Green avocado dip is called Guacamole and the Salsa looking thing that had chunks of tomatoes and onions, cilantro and jalapenos is Pico De Gallo (though in El Salavador they may call it differently, not sure)

The Green leafy thing with other veggies in it is called a Salad... Did I miss anything?

Star (of the I spent a year and a half too long in South America Class)

Edited by - TheStar on 12 November 2002 10:17:12

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

<admires mac in his feminine attire>

Yer a shoo-in for Diana Ross. <grin>

CG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit