Horrible Bosses

by John Aquila 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Jeezus, it's like they're not even pretending to be a loving and nurturing organization that cares about its membership, anymore.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Oh wow.

My guess is these guys didn't step down, but are being removed, except for maybe your buddy.

At least this reminds them that the organization is not autonomous. Getting sued for being stupid? thats your hall, we just are the guardians of doctrine. Set up a separate bank account? thats OUR money. I think they should have just returned all the dough to the donors instead of sending it back in.

-aaron

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

My brother told me about a congregation where the Elders did not send in all the money as directed, but kept back around $15,000 for "upcoming necessary renovation expenses".

mind you, they DID do the obligatory "sign over the hall to the society" thing.

When he asked them why they didn't comply with the directions, he was told to be quiet. They said that it wouldn't be easy to get funds back from the society when needed, so it was easier to just keep the money in the first place!

That was a lightbulb moment for him!

• Autumnation4414
    Autumnation4414
    What money-hungry bastards! How is it that WT is standing at all with such clear inappropriate actions? Just goes to show you, WT will suck you dry of your money, energy, dignity and time. They are a parasitic disease! So glad you were able to break things down for the elder. Maybe he will also talk to a few others and it will be a domino effect?
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

“Send all the Money to the Watchtower”

Let's review: It's a cult!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

stuckinarut2 - "When he asked them why they didn't comply with the directions, he was told to be quiet. They said that it wouldn't be easy to get funds back from the society when needed, so it was easier to just keep the money in the first place."

Huh.

A BOE with half a brain between 'em.

Who knew?

• Scully
    Scully

As in any Dom-Sub relationship, the Submissive is actually the one in charge. They are the ones who decides how far the Dominant can go, and when the Dominant must stop.

That's why, when the CO (part of the Dominant echelon) had a $h!t-fit over the Congregation™ having $70K saved up that WTS didn't know about and went up the chain of command to get orders to turn all that money over to WTS, the Submissive part of the relationship closed their wallets.

The WTS is just getting a well-deserved reminder of who is the boss in the relationship, and it ain't them.... it's the people whose wallets they wish to empty... and those folks ain't playin' anymore.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    Omg sooo disgusting they did that, I would refuse to send the money & give it back to the ones who donated it...does anybody know what's the per publisher per mtg now $$?... the elders & Ms are the ones to makeup the deficit? Is this common practice?
  • Paul Bonanno
    Paul Bonanno
    Any update on this John Aquila?
  • TheWonderofYou
    TheWonderofYou
    Thats definitely a matter and relationship of obedience and domination and not of voluntariness any more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit