by JWinSF 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Follow the MONEY, WTBTS.

Guest 77

• Prisca
    Prisca

Five Shadows,

Michael Jackso stopped being regarded as a JW about 15 years ago. The WTS was pretty unhappy over the whole "Thriller" album and video and wanted him to renounce it. He refused, so an announcement was made to the effect that Michael Jackson is no longer considered a JW. I'm not sure if he was df'd or da'd, but I remember the announcement being made.

• kelpie
    kelpie

He still calls himself a JW though. I remember reading an article one christmas about michael when he was married to prisilla presley and he said that they would not be celebrating christmas this year as he is a jw and she was into that sciencetology religion.

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

I wonder if the Williams' parents are Jws? I read just several days ago that they finalized their divorce. If they are Jws, how in the world did they maneuver that one?

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

oh ok...perhaps it was an olllld article ...eh...anyway Thanks for clearing it up for me :) appreciate it! ~FS

• Farkel
    Farkel

Prisca,

: The WTS was pretty unhappy over the whole "Thriller" album and video and wanted him to renounce it. He refused, so an announcement was made to the effect that Michael Jackson is no longer considered a JW. I'm not sure if he was df'd or da'd, but I remember the announcement being made.

You are wrong. Michael not only renounced his performance in Thriller and his regret for doing it, his renouncement was printed in the Awake! magazine. I haven't seen that renouncement in a while, so it might have been printed in the WT, but I'm pretty certain it appeared in the Awake! I can easily look it up if you want.

Michael DA'd himself. He was tired of wearing "fat suits", trying to disguise his voice, putting on fake beards and having his limo driver take him into field service to sell Watchtower shit for a Corporation that uses people and then discards them when they are of no further use to them.

He may have a ton of personal problems, but he was wise enough to see the WTS for what it is, gave up the disguises, fat suits and selling Watchtower Shit(tm).

One has to wonder if Michael Jackson is screwed up just because he's screwed up, or screwed up because he lived in such a screwed up religion. I don't know.

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Michael Jackson disassociated himself. One of the triggers, and perhaps the final straw, was the fuss the local elders made over the Thriller video. His disassociation was referenced, but not by name, in the Awake magazine a few months later (late 1984? or 1985).

As far as rumor, the story goes that his song "Man in the Mirror" was heavily influenced by his disassociation. In fact a lyric, "I've been a victim of a selfish kind of love" supposedly refers to the the Witnesses. As far as his refusal to celebrate Christmas, it is entirely possible that he still holds on to some of the beliefs of the Witnesses, while not actually being a member. If I remember correctly, his mother Katherine, is still an active member.

• Farkel
    Farkel

big tex,

: If I remember correctly, his mother Katherine, is still an active member.

They are divorced, if I remember correctly. Michael's father was a jerk.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit