POSITIVE: To Bill Bowen & SilentLambs

by Amazing 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

The fact that BB and RF had a dispute is not important in my mind. They are both human beings, and in the stress of the times there are going to be things said or done that are not the most advantageous.

In my mind, the important thing is the way they are handled. One who is up front and mature will take direct action and face his or her imperfections without waffling. "I screwed up, and I apologize." goes a long, long way towards building trust and faith. Those who can't do that haven't grown up yet.

In this case, Bill and his followers have chosen the typical, whiney way that much of society has adopted in the last 40 years. When proven wrong, instead of being up front and caring for it in a mature manner, they pooh-pooh its importance, counterattack, claim to be persecuted, get all emotional, and anything else they can think of that will deemphasize the fact that they screwed up.

Until that day comes that Bill can find the manhood to post an apology right here on this board, the very forum where he screwed up, and quit the whining, then I would strongly suspect that he is good evidence that the Peter Principle is alive and well.

I am glad that he has had the successes that he has. I am also glad that the lawyers have entered the fray, for I suspect that his influence and effectiveness is on the decline. Someone will need to step into that vacuum, for the issue is far more important than someone's pride.

Those victims need more than a flash-in-the-pan.

LoneWolf

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Like most here I too have had my fill of this subject.

As far as I am concerned BB handed the Watchtower two apples of gold: the near splitting of the xJWs on this board and the loud xJW vilification of Ray Franz and in turn COC. He did what they could not do; turn some of us against one another and against Ray Franz himself. And for what?? Damn nothing was gained and so much lost.

Yes, I am sick of this subject and sick of the big egos around here that trample around this place as if they were little gods looking down from their high H2O perches judging what kinds of posts and posters meet the "approved" standards of debating and of useful posts They behave like Theocratic Ministry School Overseers with Speech Counsel Slips in hand publicly giving "Ws" whenever and to whomever they please.

Finished.

IW

• Simon
    Simon

G

• ozziepost
  • IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Simon

IW

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

IW,

As a member of the congregation, I just wanted to tell you 'how much I enjoyed your talk, tonight'. Bro Simon even gave you a 'G', we know how few of those he hands out these days.

I must admit I really admire the way you spoke so boldly, knowing the CO Bro H20ldass was being so attentive. Think he will assign you a part at the next apostosembly? He was taking notes, can you believe it? Oh the privelges awaiting you dear sister.........

BroBear.

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Bro Bear,

IW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit