Baiting Dubs for fun and amusement

by TerryWalstrom 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I agree with above. Growing up in the 1980's, the older JW's and even my parents, could argue and reason a good bit at the doors or anywhere else for that matter about religion, doctrine, etc. We had to be able to, because how else could you prop up the 1914 date, Generation that won't pass away, etc? Now what do today's JW's have? Nothing. Just stand next to a cart, turn on the iPad and show a video and go, "Duuuuuh....uhhh....if you'd like answers to your questions, please attend the Sunday Meeting at da KingDumb Hall. Have a nice day!" Then mark your time down as a return visit.

I myself believe that the "dumbing down" of the current "Generation" of JW's is complete. GB at HQ have complete control of the rank and file, and all dissension (AKA, brazen conduct or questions) are handled with a swift JC and DF'ing. Only the hardcore zealot idiots are left. They are the ones that lap of this tripe, shove their hard earned money in the contribution boxes and ATM's with nothing to show in return, and say, "Oh please Sirs, may we have some more?" And the GB in their punch-drunk authoritarian state, are all too happy to shovel some more spiritually rotten tripe upon their plates. Yum! Yum! Lett & TOMOIII in particular seem all to anxious to heap on an extra serving. **GAG**

• TerryWalstrom
    TerryWalstrom

JW's have become more insular, hermetic and isolated from debate, controversial writings and the dreaded Internet Apostates I can't help but think they've simply ossified.

What is used, develops and what is not used, atrophies.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I knew two "fleshly" brothers in the JWs who were both ex-Mormon and who would proudly show off their excommunication certificates. They were also very scholarly (within the JW context) and could debate with "Born Again" evangelicals as they used to be called. Ah, the good old JW days when you can have a deep discussion.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Entertaining post Terry, the Mormons probably have instruction on how to interact naturally and sociably with others. A difference between the two belief systems it seems, is that the JW when at the doors is driven to oppose contradictory teachings and with the Mormons they want to gain the confidence of the other party.

It would however be of no use if the Witnesses were taught to be more courteous and diplomatic since their message is still paranoid...and of course the Mormon dream is by no means less delusional for that matter.

May the openness of the internet triumph and cultic belief atrophy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I almost felt sorry for the JWs in this story.

Almost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit