Governing body deceiving members on purpose?

by wwjdnwt 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    When they announced they were changing the book study arrangement they said they had been considering it for 10 years. To me that means that they must also be considering other adjustments as well. They may know that certain things are actually false but put off changing them so as to not stumble some. That means that they will knowingly teach something that is false until they believe the timing is right to reveal new light. It is my opinion then that many on the GB may not feel that all the doctrines are correct even some of the core doctrines. One GB brother gave a talk at our circuit and he was talking about the end. He said we need to be close to the congregation, preaching etc. Then he said something strange he said that we had heard this before but do we still "Believe it to be true?" as he said that question he had a strange look on his face. It wasn't said in an encouraging tone, it was more like that was what was prepared for him to say although something else was on his mind. So in my mind their is no doubt that some GB members don't really believe Armageddon is coming at all. One thing I think they all believe is that being a JW is the best way of life, that they are happier and more fulfilled than other groups.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ galaxie...

I realize your question wasn't directed at me, but at the same time, I would like to venture an opinion...

...I suspect that any source of "New Light" - evidence or knee-jerk reaction - is actually irrelevant in this particular instance.

They won't have any (besides staunchly reiterating their stance), because...

a) ...they cannot accept that they have been wrong...

b) ...a shit-ton of people are watching (JWs or otherwise), and...

c) ...they are loathe to be seen capitulating/compromising with "Satan's World".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

JW_Rogue - "They may know that certain things are actually false but put off changing them so as to not stumble some."

Do you seriously think the current crop give a flying f**k if they "stumble" anyone?

• JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue

Yes, by stumble I mean people leaving the org and I think that it is on their minds every time they consider what "New Light" to publish. In fact I believe that they have much more adjustments but that they will make these so slowly that most won't even notice. If you look at the things they have changed it is clear that those changes will lead to more changes. They have these changes planned out in stages, they could just come right out with it all at once but that would lead to people leaving the org. By making the changes slowly they keep more people in the org. In the meantime though they have to still teach things they believe are false this doesn't bother them because they believe it is for the greater good.

• prologos
    prologos

GB members, sitting at the pinnacle , like the apostles, believe in the "truth" of Math. 18: 18 "--I say to you men, whatever things you may bind on earth, will be things [already] bound in heaven--" i.a.w. true and unchangeable.

The wt leaders have probably tried to force the hand of "Jehovah" many times, resolutions, "kingdom tract" final messages. Also they follow "Vox populi, vox dei", reacting to the partaker count, since the 1930s. for example.

GB members believe in Their Cause, they are creating truth, reality for JWs after all.

Hitler in his berlin bunker was bonkers and powerless. in a collapse, worry about the lower echelon fanatics.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    xxxxx
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

Go read about the Standford Experiment. A movie is being made about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XN2X72jrFk

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I believe much of the unexplained "illness" in the borg is due to people on a subconscious level percieving something is terribly wrong with their religion while not being consciously aware of what it is. This causes all manner of symptoms, both physical and psychological to manifest which the person puts down to "the stress of living in Satan's system."

As far as the whole is the GB evil or deluded question, who can know.

This I do know, they know exactly what they are doing...and always have known.

• sparky1
    sparky1

"My country, RIGHT or WRONG!"- Nationalist Zealot

"My religion, RIGHT or WRONG!"- Religious Zealot

That's my simplified take on the question.

• The Big Machine
    The Big Machine
    It'll be interesting to see what the new JW broadcasting has regarding this situation (if anything). Will they say, "don't trust worldly reports. Only watch JW TV." Lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit