Governing body deceiving members on purpose?

by wwjdnwt 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Do the members of the Governing body and WTBTS know that they are deceiving their members or do the really believe what they teach?

I believe they know what they are doing. Otherwise they wouldn't need to use lies, propaganda techniques, logical fallacies and 'theocratic warfare(tm)' to fool the R&F.

Do you think they have gotten in so deep that even if they realize this is not the truth, they have to keep it up because of the millions of members that have followed them?

Possibly. Whatever the case, they deserve putting on trial for crimes against humanity and recieving the highest penalty that justice can serve.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

@galaxie

I generally agree with you, but I hold on to the ideology theory when I realized that the changing details of the religion is also an earmark of ideological groups.

A from of "confirmation bias" and denial create a means of bending or re-interpreting reality when reality starts intruding on ideologies. For instance, prior to the dropping of the atom bombs the belief in kamikaze (the spreading of the worship of the Japanese emperor) was a non-negotiable part of the invasions and war effort of Imperial Japan. But after the war began to turn in favor of their enemies, "new light" suggested that engaging in kamikaze could be limited to the Japanese people only without proving false to it and that the central principle behind kamikaze was the protection and preservation of the emperor and his divine status (it's a little more complex than this, but I am trying not to go so far off the subject and thus I am condensing things).

Japan tried to make peace based on this new interpretation of kamikaze, but the American government demanded full surrender, including that of the emperor. When the Japanese refused the atoms bombs came down. In the eyes of the Japanese the impossible happened: their "gospel," kamikaze, was declared false by the emperor himself when he announced the unconditional surrender of the Japanese on national radio, thus dissolving Shinto from a god-worshipping cult into a shell of mere customs that it has become today.

The central idea behind the Watchtower is really but one: they are the one true religion. If you go back to the 1870s and check their doctrines and practices from back then and compare them to what they are today, you will note that everything has basically changed but that one central view. They are an ideology with an impromptu theology designed to twist and turn every way to preserve the main illusion: that they are the one true religion.

They will disown Jesus and Jehovah before giving up that central belief.

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda
    But my comments are still hypothetical and an opinion. I agree that the truth might be a combination of things and also introduce the possibility that when it finally does come to end that the world will be left with more questions than answers about it all.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I think Caleb's nailed it.
  • done4good
    done4good

maksutov - I think they both believe it (consciously) and also know it is not true (suppressed) - just like I did when I was a member. I suspect they can bear a lot more cognitive dissonance than average because they have more to lose from admitting to being wrong.

Closest to the truth, for sure.

d4g

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

"Scripture can be likened to a lamp which illuminates the truth. It's mission is to shed the light of truth. When a

brighter light appears, the mission of the old one fades. Today's religions have failed to lead the present

generations out of the dark valley of death into the radiance of life, so there must now come a new truth that

can shed a new light." Divine Principal, p.10

This is a quote from the leader of a destructive mind control cult called the Moonies. They all have eerie similar tactics and are aware of what they're doing from my perspective.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82 - "What happens if the Australian Royal Commission's findings & conclusions spiral out of the control of WT spin-meisters?"

"If"?

• galaxie
    galaxie

@Caleb...re. Japanese imperial 'new light ' would you agree that new policy formed from known and compulsive evidence to enhance a cause is diametrically opposed to the gb's make it up as we go along because we're in a corner attitude? I see it as deception for survival at the expense of the gullible.

Best wishes.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It was 30 years ago that Ray Franz experienced this, but his comments are, I believe, still true: [Crisis of Conscience]

" I felt,and still feel,that there are many good men on the Governing Body. In a long distance phone call a former Witness said to me"We have been followers of followers" . Another said "We have been victims of victims" I think both statements are true. Charles Taze Russell followed the views of certain men of his time, was victimised by some of the myths they propaganded as "revealed truth". Each successive part of the organizational leadership has followed along, at times contributing additional myth in support of or in elaboration of the original myth. In place of rancor, I feel only pity for these men I know, for I too was such a "victim of victims" , a "follower of followers"

• CalebInFloroda
    CalebInFloroda

@galaxie

i think that is a wise assumption, but I can't say that I know for certain what these men on the GB actually think, plan or feel. I don't have that ability, nor can I offer more than assumptions of my own based on my particular limitations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit