Jehovah's Witnesses #10 in Yahoo trending

by TweetieBird 27 Replies latest jw friends

• antes8080
    antes8080
    Just now they were at number 7 on yahoo!!!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    What about Google?
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Saw them at #7 an hour ago, now they are not listed. Hopefully they will be in and out of the list for the next two weeks!

Google doesn't have trending, but they are front and center. A web search for Jehovah's witnesses (or any other topic) will often have news results posted before regular results. This is how google has it right now, so its definitely catching the eye of anyone who googles JWs!

Google news also has all of this stuff front and center. Any JWs who may have set up a news alert on their religion have definitely seen this!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    To assume JWs won't see it is naïve.
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    What about Google?

When I google "Jehovah's wittnesses" the first thing that pops up (even before jw.borg) is an "in the news" section with tons of links to news articles about how they hid child abuse.

I wish the timing of this had been better...just imagine if this had happened in August of last year when they were distributing the jw.org fliers. The backfire on that would've been truly spectacular.

• pbrow
    pbrow

i can hear witnesses the world over saying... we do not belong to a "church"

• Litebrite
    Litebrite

pbrow,

Thats funny since the elders themselves refer to it as a church, and they have no problem referring to themselves as clergy and invoking the rights of clergy.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OneEyedJoe - "I wish the timing of this had been better...just imagine if this had happened in August of last year when they were distributing the jw.org fliers. The backfire on that would've been truly spectacular."

Pretty sure the website and channel were fast-tracked in expectation of this, specifically to try and get ahead of it.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    vidiot: Pretty sure the website and channel were fast-tracked in expectation of this, specifically to try and get ahead of it.

I agree. It explains why they have been flooding social media sites with their jw..org crap and trying to up the rank of their own propaganda on search engines through the promotion of their website.

It has been a deliberately planned campaign to keep the news about this commission under wraps.

I don't think it is working. Bad news travels fast.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

OrphanCrow - "I don't think it is working.."

Hah!

You don't say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit