Jehovah's Witnesses #10 in Yahoo trending

by TweetieBird 27 Replies latest jw friends

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I'm sitting here drinking my morning coffee and opened up the Yahoo page to see JW's trending at #10. Clicked on it and the first article is about the child abuse.

Did something happen lately that would get so many people doing a massive search?

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

This is probably due to the Australian commission on child abuse that's interviewing a bunch of people to figure out just what in the hell is going on inside this cult.

What a wonderful witness this is for them to be on the front page of yahoo!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I just watched the CNN-Australia clip. I have a feeling this is just the tip of the iceberg.

We should all type "Jehovah's Witnesses" into the Google and Yahoo search engines (and any others) to keep it in the fore-front.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FYI -- It's not in my Yahoo Top 10 now.

Doc

• Watchtower-Free
  • diana netherton
    diana netherton
    Sit back, massive bag of popcorn. Show is starting!
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Strangely enough, I find myself not experiencing a whole hell of a lot of schadenfreude.
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    That would not be a bad idea. The more the topic trends, the most likely that other news outlet will pick it up
  • TweetieBird
    TweetieBird
    Doc-it changes constantly depending on how many have looked for it. It was on my feed at #10, then gone, then #10, then #9.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I just did a google search on "Jehovah's Witnesses".

Before this story broke, that search term would have returned almost a full page of jw..org.

Now, jw..org is holding onto the top spot, but the rest of the first page has been taken over by the abuse scandal.

I hope the JWs keep directing the public to the internet. Nice of them to alert the public that their organization is online. Most people will do a search instead of just going to their website.

I am waiting for jw..org to get knocked out of their top spot on search results.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit