Letter read at Supplimentary Elder's School

by messenger 50 Replies latest jw friends

• out4good3
    out4good3

Every accusation is investigated. It is not taken lightly even if there is only one accuser.

And what credentials do those "unpaid servants" aka the three stooges have that gives them the authority or the experience to "investigate" an accusation such as this.

Brother investigator: "did you do it brother poedephile?".

Brother Poedephile: "Uuuuhnnnnnn....no I didn't."

Brother investigator to child molested: "He said it didn't happen, now sit down, shut up, pray more about it, then wait on Jehovah. He'll set the matter straight."

Yeah...Right !!!!!!!

If there is only one accuser and the accused denies the charge, no further congregational action can be taken , we can't go beyond the scriptures.

How do they reconcile not going to the police with this matter immediately with "not going beyond scriptures"? What ever happened to following the laws of caesar by "giving him his due'?

Brother investigator to child's parents: " Brother paedophile denies that it ever happened. I'm not calling your child a liar and I'm not telling you not to go to the police but you really don't want to do anything to cause reproach on Jehovah's name....right? You know what happens to people who cause reproach on Jehovah's name......DON'T YOU !!!!"

How should we view the victim? Often they are damaged for years. They may feel worthless, unlovable. We need to reassure them of Jehovahs love and of ours. (Ezek 34:15,16; Ps 34:18) Jehovah really cares and we should strive to imitate him. When we meet and speak with victims we need to clothe ourselves with love. ( Col 3:12) Let them feel our genuine love. (1 Th 5:14) As elders we should always be alert to show loving concern for children.

Yes, let's show them and the congregation our genuine love by keeping silent about the knowledge that there is a paedophile in our midst...ohhh, except for my wife and family. Sure, let's stick our head in the sand and look the other way as we accompany brother paedophile out in service to scope out his next victim. The extent of our GENUINE LOVE to those worldlies is working to pull then into our book publishing and selling corporation, other than that we have no responsibility toward them as good neighbors.

Brother paedophile to householder (with a sheepish grin): "that's a nice looking kid you've got there. Perhaps you'd be interested in us having a "bible" study with him."

(sarcasm on) What a great "imitation" of Jehovah's care....(sarcasm off)

Over the years there have been many favorable reports of our work. Conventions, Kingdom Hall constructions etc.. that have been quite helpful to Gods organization. On the other hand at times news reports may quote apostate or unreliable sources.

Ahhh yes. When the press is good, it's favourable and helpful to the organization; When the press is bad, it's those DAMN APOSTATES again. What a crock. Just another example of them trying to have their cake and eat it to. All of those news reports connot possibly be "misrepresentations". Can we count the faviorable press as "misrepresentations" also?

Were Jehovahs Witnesses to immerse themselves in refuting all false charges made against them, they could also fall into a trap of the great accuser Satan the Devil, How so? Well, Satan would certainly be pleased to see a slowing down in the work of aiding honest-hearted persons to learn the truth. Yet that is exactly what would happen. By letting themselves become sidetracked, Jehovahs servants would lose valuable time that might otherwise have been used beneficially to help sincere persons to learn about Gods will and purposes respecting mankind

Really...?

One could argue that a hundred years of false prophesying and the information medium known as the internet is slowing down the "work". It's all about putting the needs of the WT multilevel marketing scheme above anything else. (sarcasm on again) No need to be "sidetracked" or "losing valuable time" by seeing to it that a molested child is protected that the the full measure of the law is brought to bear on the molester." (sarcasm off) That in itself would serve even better to not bring "reproach on Jehovah's name" by ensuring that an issue of this magnitude be handled by people with real experience, authority, and qualifications. Not all of your "unpaid volunteers" are equipped for "every good work".

Just how much time would be lost by one phone call to the police anyway.

Also, isn't it slick how the WTBS formulate directives, expect them to be followed to the letter, and then in the very next breath distance themselves from any responsibility of said directive by their use of the term "Jehovahs Witnesses" in the above caption. Great way to continue the illusion of the WT being an all-perfect organization that sannot possibly make a mistake.

Therefore we will ignore the lying misrepresentation by opposers as we are assured by Jehovah that we are walking well.

How is that you are "assured" that you are "walking well"? Which Bible scripture gives you definitive scriptural proof of this assurance? Further, will all paedophile accusations now be categorized as "lying misrepresentations by opposers" to be ignored?

At this juncture I'm reminded of those three monkeys........you know..........the ones that "see no evil, hear no evil, and speak no evil......".

As we live in this wicked system we know who it is that truly tries to live in harmony with Gods righteous standards.

We good....everyone else bad....blah blah blah.........!!!!!!!! Yeah-right. The isolated depends generation degerates in their ivory tower in Brooklyn proved that by jumping in bed, humping, and exchanging bodily fluids with the UN. Aren't you proud to be in such accomplished company? (was that sarcam again...)

The instructors have been directed to take no questions regarding the comments in this letter, no copy will be provided for the congregation file.

Translation:

Now just in case you haven't got the message before, follow these rules...TO THE LETTER.........AND SHUT UP....Biiiioooooootttttccchhhh!!!!!! If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass on your way out, we have no time for answering questions about our directives. Further, no copy of this letter will be provided as we want no other discussion or interpretation of this matter.

Now..go back to your Kingdom Hall meditate and show the congregation all this LOVE shown on your behalf.

Edited by - out4good3 on 23 October 2002 17:13:32

• outnfree
    outnfree
    Well, Satan would certainly be pleased to see a slowing down in the work of aiding honest-hearted persons to learn the truth. Yet that is exactly what would happen. By letting themselves become sidetracked, Jehovahs servants would lose valuable time that might otherwise have been used beneficially to help sincere persons to learn about Gods will and purposes respecting mankind."

Now, why wouldn't the elders consider the molested child and his/her loved ones (assuming we are not discussing incest) to be honest-hearted and sincere persons? You know, the members of the flock that they are to 'tenderly care for'? Don't those already in the flock have a need to learn the truth? Is it God's will for criminals to go unpunished? Is it his purpose that a child abuser remain free to abuse again?

Still disgusted hours, days..., weeks..., YEARS later,

outnfree

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

If there is only one accuser and the accused denies the charge, no further congregational action can be taken , we can't go beyond the scriptures. (1 Tim 5:19)

1 Timothy 5:19 is not used in the current Org. book to support the two witness rule, and if I remember correctly neither was it used on the Society's web site when discussing the child molestation problem.

1 Timothy 5:19 refers to "older man", the footnote in the Watchtower's Reference Bible adds "or elder". This scripture would not support the two witness rule for all molesters, since all molesters are not elders. I'm surprised they would use this scripture, in addition there are some other possibly questionable statements. Has the Society finally gone crazy or is there something else to this letter?

This letter needs to be verified!

IW

Edited by - IslandWoman on 23 October 2002 17:48:30

• reubenfine
    reubenfine

Darn, and to think I could have spent all afternoon at an elder's meeting to hear this bs when I could've been golfing. I sure do miss wasting all that precious time..........................

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

The Society use to have a saying,"If we stopped to kick every barking dog along the way,we will never get where we are going".My response to that is, not every barking dog is just making noise. Most if not all dogs,are doing what they do naturally.Watching out for danger and alerting either their master or the person walking by.So when the Society is walking along and they are warned of the big CHASM right in front, of their very next step,or, they are about to fall into a hole that they can never climb out of.Because they didn't stop, not to kick the barking dog, but to listen up to what the barking dog was warning about the danger just ahead,then they are still not going to get where they are going.So,according to their own saying,rather than pay attention to all the barking dogs out there,they have fell into a big CHASM,from which there is no return.Yes, they are in a hole so deep, they can never climb out.So much for their illustrations that have absolutely nothing to do with the issues of " CHILD ABUSE VICTIMS ". Blueblades

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Pardon cynical old me for interrupting the bash fest (nothing I like better than bashing the Watchtower, mind you). But do we have any sort of corroboration that this letter is real?

I'd be interested in knowing how the text was obtained. The reason I say so is that there are several errors in grammar and variations in style that I would consider to be very uncharacteristic of a letter that was actually issued by the Watchtower. Now, i suppose that if the source was a person taking shorthand and later transcribing their notes, the errors could be explainable as being those of the transcriber. But if this is supposed to be an actual, word-for-word copy, I would be highly skeptical that it is real.

Shouldn't be that hard to find out; the last time there was an elders' school we got actual mp3 format recordings of all the talks. Surely if it is real, someone here can vouch for this letter as actually having been read at the school?

Edited by - NeonMadman on 23 October 2002 21:14:40

• out4good3
    out4good3

Even if it isn't authentic, it is indicative of what would be spewn forth in their litterature.

• JT
    JT

jack2 -- just calling a spade a spade-

thanks for the kinds words

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    Scanning would be excellent. I assume that much of the heading has been deleted to protect the source?

Englishman

A scanned copy would certainly help confirm that this letter is genuine.

When reading it, I had some reservations; the syntax is not the usual form that's used. If a lone ranger type from Legal wrote it, it would still have to be reviewed by another desk to make it conform.

For example:

We are reminded of the scriptural view of Child Molestation and the explanation in 1/1/97w in the article "Abhor What is Wicked." On pages 26-29 it was clearly emphasized our serious view of child molestation. The admonition at Rom 12:9 reminds us we must abhor wickedness. Therefore let this serve as a reminder that child molestation is a sin, something viewed as abhorrent. It is a heinous crime according to Caesars law.

We recognize that it is primarily the parents responsibility to protect their own children. The congregation too, must protect children. Children are much easier to deceive, confuse, or terrorize

Letters from the WTS don't usually start this way, even when they are to be publicly read. The opening phrase "We are reminded..." looks wrong.

But then, I could be wrong..................

Cheers, Ozzie

• JT
    JT
    And what credentials do those "unpaid servants" aka the three stooges have that gives them the authority or the experience to "investigate" an accusation such as this.

JR Brown Put it best:

Paducah Sun 1-28-01

Mario Moreno, associate general counsel at the church's New York headquarters,.

J.R. Brown, public affairs director for the church,

Both Brown and Moreno said that the elders, who volunteer and are essentially untrained clergy, might err in their application of a policy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit