Kingdom halls without holy spirit

by jurs 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jurs
    jurs

Have any of you guys ever notived how many JW's complain about "other" halls Not having Jehovah's Holy Spirit? When I was a JW I moved a bit and was in several different halls. I heard of a number of halls not having Jehovah's holy spirit and that in time Jehovah would clear things up. I never heard about any that had been cleaned up.

jurs

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Those with the Holy Spirit left the Jw's altogether

There may have been a spirit around, but it wasn't "holy"!

Cynthia

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Holy spirit Batman!

In association with Art.com

• heathen
    heathen

I only wonder how they would determine if a hall had the holy spirit or not .I would think it had something to do with new converts and a zeal for preaching and fine works.

• minimus
    minimus

Many of those that kept looking for the "perfect" congregation are probably congregating here, now.

• freedom96
    freedom96

They claim to have all this unity, but if another congregation did things just a little different, well they may have well just have been "part of the world" as far as some were concerned.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

I remember that statement being made. I always figured it was a Witness way of saying "no body over there liked me, and I want to make an excuse for it."

My thought

Dragon

• nilfun
    nilfun

If someone said that a hall had no holy spirit,
    it was just them seeing things for what they
    were. It's easier to say a particular hall had
    no holy spirit than to say the whole org had
    no holy spirit.

Move around enough and soon the realisation will hit that none of the halls have it..

• bay64me
    bay64me

I heard a story about a Kingdom Hall right next door to a Pentecostal Church. Apparently, the Pastor from the church had requested that the Jehovahs Witnesses change their meeting times as when they met at the same time, the Pastor said that they could not get Holy Spirit!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Bay, you're not on my UK map thread. I'm in Dorset - roughly where are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit