Ray Franz's Ex-Secretary Needs Help!

by Janitor 18 Replies latest jw friends

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

This is ol' Frank himself. It looks like there's a bit of misinformation floating around. I tho't some clarification might be in order. Number 1: I was sec'y and chauffer to a few on the GB, but never to Ray Franz. Number 2: I'm far from being discouraged. I'm down and out financially and getting hardly anything for a pension, but my letter specifically stated that I'm not cryin' the blues. I wrote to a few friends simply to let them know why I was intending to give up my phone and email. Number 3: Yes, I was a pastor 1995-7 until the local community church could find one of their own who had gone to their Bible college. I was picked because nobody else in the church had experience in public speaking. Far from being a cult, the church is actively engaged in community projects the year round and often shares fellowship meals with all the other churches in town. Number 4: No book from me is on the horizon. I work night shift and have a part-time day job. There's no way I can give up either and still keep paying the bills. Number 5: I conduct a weekly Bible study, and we decided to call ourselves Abrahamic Faith Fellowship on the invitations and bulletins we distribute. We're far from being like the Christadelphians. Rigid and cultic? Somebody's got to be kidding! We've got trinitarians and non-trinitarians in the group, and there's been nothing but mutual respect and understanding for the 3 years we've been in operation. Number 6: I was far from being "confused" when Nathan Knorr and George Gangas jumped down my throat when I told them about some so-called "new light" that I discovered in the ka book. I went to the Writing Dept. simply to get some reinforcement in case I had a run-in with those two again. For what it's worth in modern currency, you've now got my two cents worth. This is my first time on www.Jehovah's-Witnesses.com and I must say it was a bit of a surprise to see my name and letter at the first shot.

• Salud
    Salud

fjtoth,

Welcome aboard and hope you can stick around. You can always use the computers in the library to keep in touch with us. Always enjoy having people with many years of experience with the WT. I am sure you have much to share with us. Take care and good luck in your future.

Salud

• chester
    chester

Frank,

Welcome to the board. Thanks for setting things straight.

I read your testimony which can be found at the following link http://formerjw.homestead.com

I highly recommend that everyone read it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Frank

Your church sounds liberal. I understood that it had a 'church of god of abrahamic faith' background. If i misunderstood, then i apologise.

SS

Edited by - saintsatan on 17 October 2002 4:24:53

• Dia
    Dia

Frank,

You're a good writer. Publishers often pay some money upfront while you're working on a book if you can persuade them you've got something of interest to say (usually by a sample). JW scandals are a very hot topic right now. Try it. If one publisher doesn't bite, try another (and another and another). That's the 'hard part' of being a writer.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    I must say it was a bit of a surprise to see my name and letter at the first shot.

Yes, what a co-ink-ee-dink!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Dia,

Others have said I should write a book and that publishers will "often" pay money in advance if they can be convinced that the topic will sell. The best way to get a book published is via an agent, and there are plenty of them in Toronto. But they need a transcript or manuscript in advance. So, the question remains: Where does a guy find the time or even the mental energy when he's already burning the candle at both ends? At my age, I can't afford to take big risks. I've talked with others who've written books about JWs. Some have ended up giving away a good portion of them just to get back storage space being hogged for years by their unsold books. I sincerely appreciate your compliment and positive view, but I've already gone as far as I feel I can and should with the prospect.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I must say this:

Welcome to the board, Frank. I expect you will have only little time here due to your schedule, but I look forward to your insights.

~Quotes

• hamptonite21
    hamptonite21

Lately the crap that gets talked about is worse than that in the Jdub days. Thanks for the clarification Frank. Welcome to the board?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit