Ray Franz's Ex-Secretary Needs Help!

by Janitor 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Janitor
    Janitor

Ray Franz's Ex-Secretary Needs Help!

A friend forwarded me the following e-mail written by an ex-JW. Looks like he is discouraged and needs some help. He left the Canadian Bethel in 1994 when he was 58 years old. He spent decades in Brooklyn Bethel too. He was a well known guy in the Watchtower. He was Ray Franz's secretary, and I believe Leo Greenles' too but I am not sure. He wrote the following e-mail to a few of his friends.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Dear Friends,

I want to let you know that I've decided to get off the internet by the end of this month (October 2002) and I will probably also arrange for my phone to be disconnected at the same time.

I'm almost 67, and I get a very small pension. The pension is small because very little was put into my social security fund during the almost forty years I worked as a full-time member of a religious order. Recently I had some heavy expenses, and it came home to me what a close call it was and, in fact, how much I'll have to more carefully watch my pennies in the future. While we have free health care here in Canada, it doesn't cover dental care or eyeglasses, both of which I'm saving for right now.

Please don't think I'm crying the blues. My health is very good, and I'm able to put in a full day's work each and every day. I'm very grateful to our Lord for that. But being practical requires that I save what I can in preparation for whatever future years I have left in this Old World.

I appreciate your prayers. And if any of you know of a good-paying job for a man in his late sixties, I'd be very glad to know about it. I'm probably able to move to any location within the U.S. or Canada.

I will miss the correspondence by email that I've been accustomed to receiving from many over the years. Any who want to reach me in the future can write to:

Christian best wishes,

Phone: (519) 833-0453
    E-mail: [email protected]

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Please help him if you can. He is a good guy.
    You can read his testimony here: http://formerjw.homestead.com

Edited by - Janitor on 14 October 2002 15:29:48

Edited by - Janitor on 14 October 2002 15:32:3

Edited by - Janitor on 14 October 2002 15:36:12

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is that frank toth, who became pastor in a church in ontario in about 1997? What happened to his church?

SS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'm sure alot of people, myself included, would pay good money for him to tell what he knows, utilizing all the verification methods possible to confirm his stories.

• scootergirl
    scootergirl

How sad. Just how many "bethelites" are going to be in this kind of predictament? Years of service only to be worried when older........

• Janitor
    Janitor

Maybe we should encourage him to smarten up and write a book. He has all the skills. He is probably the second highest ranking person ever left the Watchtower. He could sell his books if he would write one.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Is that frank toth, who became pastor in a church in ontario in about 1997? What happened to his church?

SS

• Satanus
    Satanus

Wasn't frank toth running a brotherhood of abrahamic faith church? It's a religion that is almost like christedelphian, only a little more rigid (cultic). Am i right or wrong?

SS

• Janitor
    Janitor

SaintSatan, I think you are right. He became a priest in a church somewhere in Ontario. I don't know all the detailes. All I know he was high up in the ranks of the Watchtower. Only "annointed ones" where in higher position than his.

• apostate
    apostate

I know Frank personally. Once I asked him what gave him the first clue that something is wrong with the Governing Body. Frank said it was the release of a new book. He was impressed with the "new light" published in this than new book and begun talking about it to one of the governing body members.

The guy (the GB member) gave him shit for talking about things not in harmony with the teachings of the faithful and discrete slave. Frank became confused but he didnt tell the guy that he read this in the new book.

It was bothering him for a while, and one day he told about it to a senior member of the writing department. The guy at the writing department told Frank that some of the governing body members dont read the publications at all. It takes a couple of years for some of them to catch up with the new light.

• Satanus
    Satanus

When i met him, he was trawling for members to another cult, in which he was a pastor. He had just become pastor in a church of abrahamic faith. He said they had turfed their old pastor for wondering off the straight and narrow church doctrine. Included w the pastorage, was a place to live. I wonder if that cult jetisoned him. In attitude, it's a lot like the wt. I wonder in which religion he is now.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit