What is the truth?

by sleepy 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I almost forgot... I do accept PayPal.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I don't think it's necessary to know "the truth". I don't care what's true anymore (about religious issues, that is).

One thing I do believe, though. THIS is the real life. It's all you get on this planet. One of our friends told us that the more he thinks about it, the more he thinks life here is another gestational phase. So, "we're in another womb". That's okay too. Could be. Doesn't matter.

• gumby
    gumby

"The truth that makes men free is for the most part the truth which men prefer not to hear".

Jim

I don't think most people reject Christ because....they "prefer it"

I think MOST on this board....do so because they have found reasons to doubt him or the Bible as GODS word. This Jim, is an attitude Christians have about non-believers that really isn't true.

I do know there ARE people who would live for themselves.....even if they were believers, because of selfishness and an unwillingness to give their selves.....to Christ.

I for one, DO prefer to know what Truth is........but I have a lot of unanswered questions

Sorry if I sounded offbeat....I don't mean to be.

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

I think the Bible is quite clear.

If God wants to, He'll save you.

Then on the other hand.

If God decides, He won't. It's all up to Him, it's always been that way.

It's all about what God wants of creation, not what creation wants of God.

Some people hate that.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I think I have spent my 39 years on this Earth trying to find the truth. I thought it was in the WT and then realized all the lies and deception and the way the Bible was twisted to suit their own crazy beliefs. After I left the WT, I was angry at God or whoever I thought he was. I do not hold myself to any organized religion, although I profess myself to be Christian.

• larc
    larc

TTBoy, there are the facts of gravity and there is also the theory of gravity. The same holds for evolution. There are the facts of evolution and there is the theory of evolution. One of the theories of gravity according to Newton is that all objects are attracted to each other in direct preportion to their mass and inversely porportional to the square of the distance between them. In other words, I am attracted to the tree in my yard, especially when I get closer to it. Can that be proved? No, it can't

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

Could you list these "facts of evolution" for us?

• gumby
    gumby

Pom,

Give the Evolution thing a rest old bud. No offence, but lets all stick to the topic

• pomegranate
    pomegranate

I didn't bring it up...I supplemented someone else's bringing it up.

Is that OK with you?

• gumby
    gumby

I didn't bring it up...I supplemented someone else's bringing it up.

Is that OK with you?

Yea thats cool. I just didn't want to see this thread going there like so many others do.

Your right...you didn't start it....sorry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit