"Were any of them Witnesses?"

by kenpodragon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

The WTS is far from equaling the Catholic Church in numbers, there is no comparison

I hope this does not come out sounding mad or rude, as that is not what I mean. I just think the key is the word "comparison" ... I think we need to stop comparing and should see all abuse victims as a group that needs help. Whether they are Ex-Jw, Catholic, Black, White or anything. In that true respect ... there should be no comparisons for assistance.

My thought

Dragon

"Show support and love for all"

Edited by - kenpodragon on 28 September 2002 16:15:22

• SloBoy
    SloBoy

Good posts by all.........I choose to see the efforts of groups like Silent Lambs as part of the process of alerting government/legislative officials about the "widespread" problem of child abuse. And isn't that exactly what we are seeing. Within the cloistered arrangement of J.W.'s, more and more victims are now feeling safe about coming forward, thanks to the J.W. oriented work of Silent Lambs. As these numbers continue to grow, be assured that voter-conscience law makers will take note.

• ambush22
    ambush22

shouldnt we love everybody?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I hope this does not come out sounding mad or rude, as that is not what I mean

No offense taken at all because

I just think the key is the word "comparison" ... I think we need to stop comparing and should see all abuse victims as a group that needs help. Whether they are Ex-Jw, Catholic, Black, White or anything. In that true respect ... there should be no comparisons for assistance.

that is exactly what I was attempting to point out. I was only using the "Catholic Church" as a metaphor in the sense that it just about covers the entire world where as JWs only make up a small percentage and the problem of child and should be confronted as a problem of child abuse, rather then just a WTS problem.

All child abuse especially involving sex offenders is going to be something coverd up in someway by someone at sometime. It has never been "Out in the open" Anywhere.

There are a billion plus Catholics worldwide whose opinions matter and whose opinions and words can make a difference. But as it is being presented (abuse in the WT), why shouldn't Catholics view it as oh boo hoo hoo, JWs have abuse victims? Well get on board!

I have heard first hand this type of response to JW pedophile news. Regardless of what anybody wants to think, there are many folks out here in the world who are viewing it that way rather then a "universal' problem when the focus is zeroing in on a particular "religion"

Right now it is ex-JW victims against the WTS.

In other words, "A JW problem" when in fact it is a problem in society.

Wouldn't it be far better to include ALL victims regardless of faith? And rather then 100 people marching on the WT it could be "thousands" marching on DC for the same cause. "CHANGE POLICY" This would have a greater and faster effect on the WTS.

What the Lambs did on the 27th was something necessary, but it was something that might only serve as a release and a step up towards closure for the Lambs, but may not be quite enough to publicly damage the WTS and get policy changed for quite awhile.

• kenpodragon
    kenpodragon

plmkrzy

I agree. They brought it to the attention of the public, and started their path to healing. Now it is time to make changes so that no future children of any religion, will ever have to go through something like this again.

My thought

Dragon

• plmkrzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit