Conversation with ultra dub relative. Pure quality this one

by joe134cd 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

If any one has been taking note of my posts, it could be said that I often mention conversations I have had with dubbies. In some ways not been DFed has allowed me to gain some real in sight into how they think and their justification for things. The following is a conversation I just had with an ultra super dub relative, and to be honest I don't know weather I should be laughing or crying over it.

Relative: the RC this year is going to be held in the assembly hall. They arnt using the stadiums any more.

Joe134cd: Oh really why is that. It sort of looks as though they are trying to cut their costs, as an assembly hall would be a lot cheaper to rent than a stadium.

Relative: yeah could be. Hey if you can save a dollar why not.

Joe134cd: true

Relative: apparently they are also building the KH smaller to. (N/B if some one could confirm this please do).

Joe134cd: oh really I thought it would of been the other way around with the great expansion that is now taking place. I though there was a need for bigger and better halls to allow for the increase. It sort of dosnt make sense how they would be selling perfectly good recently renovated halls to build smaller ones.

Relative: Yeah Jehovah is building the KH smaller now as he wants us to draw closer to each other in the time of the end.

Conversation ends. There you have JW rational at it finest.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Yeah Jehovah is building the KH smaller now as he wants us to draw closer to each other in the time of the end.

Words fail me.

It just goes to show that no matter what you say a JW will work things around to how great everything is.

The JW rationale reminds me of the twighlight zone - It's a good life.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It%27s_a_Good_Life_(The_Twilight_Zone)

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Your comment, "oh really I thought it would of been the other way around with the great expansion that is now taking place. I though there was a need for bigger and better halls to allow for the increase. It sort of dosnt make sense how they would be selling perfectly good recently renovated halls to build smaller ones." Got his rationalization hamster running.

If this: "Yeah Jehovah is building the KH smaller now as he wants us to draw closer to each other in the time of the end." Is true then I say go ahead, just leave us faders alone. Drive out the REAL people who lead reasonable lives by ostracizing them for not being "spiritual" enough.

• steve2
    steve2

Well joe growth of JWs in New Zealand has been very slow since about 1996 so I wouldn't be surprised if the focus now is on conserving costs snd cutting back - but it is astonishing how the Witnesses turn this into a sign of Jehovah's blessing.

• Lieu
    Lieu

70 AD "The end is neigh"

100 AD "The end is neigh"

1000 AD "The end is neigh"

1890 AD "The end is neigh"

1975 AD "The end is neigh"

Today AD "The end is neigh"

I wonder what Paul would think as this world has gone on for 2000 yrs since ...

Also, we're people sitting too far away from each other or something?

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Lieu= Also, we're people sitting too far away from each other or something?
    Oh God. I wished I had never heard this now, as the total stupidity and nonsense of it all, just keeps on replaying it in my mind. Obviously sitting to far away from each other must of been the problem. LOL!!!!!!

• zeb
    zeb
    what! sitting even closer! Oh S*** ! that means I would have to put up with all the sounds of the gum chewers and the eternal whispering all the more.....aaaaaaarrgh!
  • Max Divergent
    Max Divergent

Well, he has a point since in the end 'the love of the greater number will cool off'.

So if they're closer, they'll be warmer.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

This is the kind of stuff you get when people need to believe, first and foremost.

Nearly anything will serve to justify.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Yeah Jehovah is building the KH smaller now as he wants us to draw closer to each other in the time of the end.

yea, I thought the 'house' congregation book study was suppose to take care of that. What happened with that anyway! Wasn't it something about "saving gas?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit