I'm trying to find the name of a song....

by mindfield 17 Replies latest social entertainment

• mindfield
    mindfield

(*crossing my fingers*)

Probably most of you will know what song I'm talking about, but like me, won't know the name of the song. Where to begin... Well, this song is basically instrumental. It introduces a lot of Disney-related movies (for children), specifically scenes that start in a forest.... birds chirping, chipmunks walking around, and the like. As I recall, only a flute is played. That's basically all I can tell you about the song... It's very popular in children's movies, played with a flute, and I wonder if any of you know either the name of the song (unlikely) or possibly know the name of a movie that had that song in it. Because I can't, for the life of me, recall any.

Thanx for any help...

From the "I-need-to-know" Class

• ballistic
    ballistic

Can you whistle it for us?

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

hmm, could ya hum a few bars for us?

• Simon
    Simon

Helter Skelter - the Beatles

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

So What/Green Hell - Metallica

• Celia
    Celia

The Wilhelm Tell Ouverture ???

http://kpgrv.groningen.org/htm/br6mus.htm

Nah, that's not the one I mean...

Ta, dadadadadada....da da da da da da...dadada...

Edited by - Celia on 23 September 2002 19:34:1

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

'Pavanne' played by Van Leer

HS

• Simon
    Simon

y'know there is a music dictionary where you only have to specify the first 8 or so notes and whether they go up, down or stay the same and you can pretty much identify any song. Many, many years ago when I worked in a shop, we had a copy on the record (remember them) counter.

Amazingly simple but accurate. I wonder if their is an online version anywhere?

• mindfield
    mindfield

Celia,

No, it's much more peaceful than that... and played with a flute. Ugh... this is way too hard.

• IronGland
    IronGland

Guy comes into the music store I used to work at. "You got that CD by that guy with that song out?" "I think the CD is red"

SMACK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit