• ozziepost
    ozziepost

...and here they are the "Silent Witnesses"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just read the transcript - truly awesome job to everyone involved

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Well I have been trying to get online all day to make a comment about the show. Whoever came up with the idea to film some footage at the Melbourne Convention last month should be congratulated....what a superb idea and most effective. I particularly liked the way the reporter would make comments about the JW teachings and then would switch to the footage taken at the convention where the speaker would reinforce the reporters own words....as we all know that some of the things JW believe can come across as far fetched to the ordinary listener....but hearing it come from the platform was an excellent idea. I have to admit the atmosphere at the assembly gave me the heebie jeebies....such a familiar feeling....can't say that I miss it.

The two victims that spoke out were very brave and are to be commended for speaking out knowing that they still have jw relatives....it wouldn't have been an easy decision. Well done and top marks to everyone involved. Thank you channel nine.

Beck

• In_between_days
    In_between_days

I watched the program this morning, they certainly didnt beat around the bush. I got calls from people while I was watching it to ask me if I was watching, so I guess alot must have seen it - I hope so, I was a little worried about the timeslot so early in the morning (for a sunday anyway) I thought it kind of ironic that the show was aired when the JW's will most definately be doing their rounds around the neighbourhoods. I wonder how many people were interupted while watching the show by the dubs at their door!! LOL

The story was great, very well covered, the two elders approached were extremely defensive and arrogant. I was really surprised one elder answered the reporters questions, and couldnt help but wonder whether he will be in trouble with his congregation by doing so.

The womans story was heartbreaking as well as the younger man.

I truly hope this story will be re- visited on other programs.

• Lady Lee
  • In_between_days
    In_between_days

I agree Beck, when I watched the assembely footage, I was so embarrassed that I was ever part of this ridiculous and destructive CULT!!!!!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Steph,

How about that old Kingdom Hall round your area? Have you located it? Wanna post pics?

Ozzie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Was it shown all over Oz? I have some witness "friends" who live in Perth.

Englishman.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Yep, it's the NATIONAL Nine Network. It's our biggest, too.

Actually, we have 5 national networks: three commercial and two state owned.

Cheers, Ozzie

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

This is the Song that the Watchtower Leaders will be singing soon:

"I Fought The Law"

Breakin' rocks in the hot sun
    I fought the law and the law won....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit