Are JWs trying to make dysfunctional kids and destroy their ability to live normal lives?

by C0ntr013r 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

If the org can plant the idea that there is no life, no good life, outside of the WT kingdom to young children. It will stay planted in that child's mind.........more or less for the rest of his/her life.

One sister wrote to me the other day about how wonderful the animations are from the org and that she and her grand children watched and re watch them.........

She is helping to stamp forever, the ideas and doctrines of the WT. And those ideas do stay in a child's mind. It's an unfair advantage that is being taken by the WT and passed on to the families and the children.

It's very difficult for a child, a young, fresh and impressionable child.......to reason against such cleverly devised methods. How can a child find a reasoned response to such indoctrination? They can't, for they are at the mercy of parents and the WT.

The society knows this for sure. They have been practising for over a hundred years.....the art of repetition and therefore the brain washing of such fresh impressionable minds is easy to do. It will take so much for that child as a young adult with doubts, to ever fully break away from such imprints.

I used to count words at the wt study to see how many of the same words were used....it was clear that WT writers were using sentence structure and repetitive words to great effect. It was dulling to the senses. A sort of "white noise" going on in the back of their minds.... dulling creative thought and critical thinking.

The WTBTS knows exactly what they are doing. I have family and acquaintances who are a testament to the success of the WT methods. They were raised in it. Some are out and in real trouble with basic life others are just drugged up and some are still fully in and feel ever so "elite".

• C0ntr013r
    C0ntr013r
    umbertoecho

Yeah, I have noticed it with many ex JWs who don't know TTATT and who REALLY leave anyway. They usually have some kind of existential crisis, trying to find themselves because they are really lost... Some have started smoking/drugs/alcoholism, maybe joining some culture like hippy/goth or sometimes another cult etc, I think this shows how lost they are. JWs took their identity and now they are trying to find their own but the "cult personality" is still in place so they are imoh probably going fail at a normal life. :(

Maybe something like this happens:

JWs say that people who leave "Jehovah" will turn to drugs etc because people in the world have no hope, "let us eat and drink for tomorrow we shall die".

And the person who leaves still believe this (and more, they are still trapped) will think: Armageddon is coming any day now, I might as well live like a wordy person (JWs idea of how worldly persons live.). They might feel like shit because of this and all the reasons I stated in my OP, they think that JWs where right after all. The world is a terrible place, Satan is not grateful that I left Jehovah, he is being really evil and destroying my life even thought I did what he wanted, especially now when the protection from Jehovah and his organization is gone...

The JW relatives and friends will see this and get confirmation that the ORG was correct, life turns to crap if you leave the fold.

Maybe the "lost one" returns years later when he has been "used" by the world and can warn others of what the world really has to offer, maybe we will see him on the conventions or hear about him in the magazines.
  • mynameislame
    mynameislame
    I've dealt with most of those things and it is still better than being a dub.
  • Distracted
    Distracted

I know there have probably been a lot of threads on this site already about the children's Caleb & Sophia videos...I went to the website after seeing a YouTube video talking about them and watched some...I was truly disturbed after seeing them. The parents don't use scriptures; they use manipulation and mind control on the kids!!!! So blatant. How people can't see it, I don't understand.

When I was a kid the Paradise book was used. (Those pictures of people being destroyed are forever emblazoned on my brain.) My own kids had the Bible Stories Book and the Great Teacher Book. At least these books taught the Bible to kids, even if the message was slanted. I don't really believe the Bible anymore but since so much of Western Civilization is based on it (Law & Lit, etc) that JW kids had an advantage in learning it so well. If the org. claims that the Bible is what they are following, then they need to be teaching it still.

I always felt afraid growing up. I was a teen when 1975 rolled around. I remember being glad Armageddon didn't come then. Even though I was compliant and a "good" kid, I never felt good enough. I was afraid of all the stuff they said that was coming. It took me decades to open my eyes, but I look back and think about how I was living with all those secret fears. I wonder how many Witnesses have those that they are suppressing.

• Spectre
    Spectre

I'm surprised I've never seen this thread before. Great OP and posts.

Someone could take these topics and expand on them and write a book. It would be great to see a psychologist write it so it wouldn't be dismissed as "just a bunch of bitter apostates" even though the JWs would still dismiss it.

One thing I noticed when I first got on the internet on other ex-jw sites that I've never seen here, is the superiority/inferiority complex that is caused by the org. Applies to all but kids as well. "You are one of the few people on earth that god loves because only you and a select few are doing his will. Everybody but you will be dead really really soon. Meanwhile, everybody hates you because you serve the one true god." Tends to mess with a kids mind.

One of the big problems I have with them also is how they are ignorant to actual child welfare. Considering how they want to micro manage all members lives, all they do is throw a few bible quotes around, "don't spare the rod" and their go to solution for everything, "pray more, go in service more, don't miss meetings and do more personal study."

• Phaedra
    Phaedra
    As a dysfunctional adult post-jw, trying to correct the damage of the first 30 years of my life, I can say they do a great job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit