Elder LIES to Downey, California Reporter

by Brymichmom 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Brymichmom
    Brymichmom

Dungbeetle and Brymichmom delivered a stuffed lamb to the Downey, CA Kingdom Hall at 12116 Woodruff Avenue today. Present were a reporter and a photographer from the Downey Patriot Newspaper.

While we were placing the lamb at the front door, an elder approached us and asked us why we were there. The reporter asked the elder if he wanted to make a statement. This elder when told about Bill Bowen proceeded to become VERY angry and agitated. He called Bill Bowen an "apostate" and said that he had seen Dateline and hopes he never has to see Bill's face ever again! He said he couldn't stand the sight of Bill's face and said the word "apostate" with much disdain! This was all done with Dungbeetle's recorder running!

Dungbeetle and I then confronted the elder about the 23,720 molesters on file at Bethel. He then asked where we got that information from. He said that nobody at Bethel would ever reveal that information because it's so confidential. This elder also told us that every case of molestation is reported to the police and they always allow the police to handle such matters. He said, "If it was your organization that had done something wrong, would you go telling everyone like that? No, you would keep it a secret, wouldn't you?" This elder said that child molestation is a "societal" problem and that it's going on everywhere. Dungbeetle asked him about the 5000 child molestation survivors who have come forward with their stories. He said that he didn't believe it and that those cases are always handed over to the police. Dungbeetle asked him if those 5000 people and the Bethelites who reported this, "are they all liars"? You should have seen the reporter, he couldn't write everything down fast enough!

Hopefully, this will all appear in the newspaper for this Friday's edition. We left the tape with the reporter. This sure was fun!

Cynthia

Edited by - Brymichmom on 17 September 2002 10:49:48

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

WOWser.... I bet that elder isn't going to sleep well tonight.

It never ceases to amaze me, the level of self-blinding and arrogance in my fellow dubs.

It's going to get harder and harder to remain a dub. With all that will be coming out, the denial on the part of jDubs will have to reach new heights. That will mean they will do all sorts of crazy stuff, 'cause it MUST affect all aspects of their personality/life.

I know many don't believe it, but I see suicides increasing, as this option becomes more viable as a solution for them. The will have nothing left for their little psyche, and it will begin to die. Therefore, it will seem reasonable, against the jDub backdrop, to take one's own life in order to maintain what is left of your paradigm.

When your world is shrinking around you, you begin to formulate an exit plan. However, there is none left to jDubs, save the notion that death will end it and usher them into paradise 'instantly'.

As the TOWER comes crashing down around their ears, they will, most certainly, scramble like rats when their nest is disturbed. Over the precipice they go, as this is the FINAL SOLUTION.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

love to see jw,s bare false witnesses in the name of god!!!!etc. whaT I want to know when the elder went into the wt ZOMBIE MODE . did the steam come out of his ears or did he foam at the mouth first???? iguess we will have to wait to see the video . great work....keep it up .....john

• scumrat
    scumrat

That must have been awesome !!!

Wish I was there to see it

LOL scumrat

• SYN
    SYN

Hehehe, can't wait to see the reaction of the people reading the newspaper article...

This is definitely the kind of thing we need to expose Dubs for what they are.

• CornerStone
    CornerStone

My wife's been to that hall. Probably knows the elder who lost his cool there.

He he. Wish I could have seen the exchange.

This just goes to show you how insulated dubs are in this country. If this elder could not "hang" under a little scrutiny, imagine if a whole bunch of reporters or protesters showed up at the halls front door. He'd freak!

The gb teaches their followers to be like that tho.

Monkey see, monkey do.

CornerStone

• Xandria
    Xandria

OMG OMG... I would of loved to see that. My mom started her life in Dubdom in the Downey Congregation.

Xandria

• ItsJustlittleoldme
    ItsJustlittleoldme

OOOOOOps... Hope this makes national news.. Now that would be fun seeing that comment in print all over the place :-)

• Larry
    Larry

I guess that Elder's pride and anger stopped him from saying 'no comment,' later on he'll realize he put his foot in his month. He might get discipline for speaking to the press. I could see his name in the paper now "Bro. so and so said...."

Please let us know when it goes to the press. Thanks - LL

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Wow....that was GREAT!...Kudos, Kudos, Kudos !!

Do you know the name of the reporter? I feel like calling up and asking when the report will be in the paper, since Downey isn't too far that I can't pick up a paper.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit