BBC Radio 4. The Report. ''Jehovah's Witnesses and Child Sexual Abuse''. Thursday 9th July 8pm.

by ThomasCovenant 17 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• ThomasCovenant
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Brilliant!!

Sad that it's broadcast on a Thursday - when most J.W..'s will be sitting in their K.H.!

It'll be on BBC iPlayer though.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    You just have got to wonder how long it will be before they finally fess up to the R&F that this isn't because of satanic media and unwise speculation.
  • flipper
    flipper
    THOMAS- Thanks for informing us here about it on the board. I will try to download the program and listen to it. The more public broadcastings we have on any media level the more WT Society will be exposed to the public regarding unjust child abuse policies. Good job
  • truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam
    Thank you, I look forward to listening to this.
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

I read all of the Thomas Covenant books. I think I still have them somewhere.

Anyway, I went to the site and had no problem getting it online from where I am.

Thank you Thomas

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

In June, the High Court ruled that the Jehovah's Witnesses organisation was liable for sexual abuse committed by one of its members.

The Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Britain - to give the group its official name - had failed to take adequate safeguarding steps when senior members of the organisation were aware that a fellow Witness was a known paedophile.

It was the first civil case in the UK of historical sexual abuse brought against the Christian-based religious movement.

The BBC's Religious Affairs Correspondent, Caroline Wyatt, explores the implications of the Court's decision and investigates the child safeguarding policies of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

The Report hears from former Witnesses who have suffered abuse and who claim that rather than protecting children, the Society provides a 'paedophile's paradise' that encourages allegations of abuse to be dealt with in-house, rather than by the police.

The programme investigates how the group's Elders are instructed to act when they receive an allegation of sexual abuse, and asks whether the Jehovah's Witnesses have a systematic problem in the way it deals with such complaints.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

This link should carry the programme world wide so that it can be heard in one's own time frame:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006qtl3

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe
    Thanks Thomascovenant. Perhaps knowledge of this upcoming broadcast has added heat to the GB concerning their history of mishandling child abuse cases, as noted in Morris' address in trying to wash their hands clean.
  • pepperheart
    pepperheart
    hi this is on thursday 9th july on bbc radio 4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit