exJW Billboard is up.

by cappytan 46 Replies latest jw friends

• Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Israel Ricky Gonzales
    Driving southbound 35 from Dallas to San Antonio and didn't notice it. Kinda bummed out. I'm hoping its in the northbound side and I'll see it on the way home.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Repetition for emphasis get them coming and going even subliminally.
  • fukitol
    fukitol
    Pathetic to see such a glaring grammatical mistake in the message. Try again.
  • Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    Psychological effect doesn't require correct certified English to accomplish it's purpose.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry
    Pathetic to see such a glaring grammatical mistake in the message. Try again.
    It's actually impressive that they use correct grammar (although it seems to have been disappearing over the past 20 years).

https://web.cn.edu/kwheeler/grammar_subjunctive.html
  • Boeing Stratofortress
    Boeing Stratofortress

Is it a double sided bill-board? From the pic & map, it looks as though it's located just west of I-35, facing south. So that only northbound drivers would see it, and they would have to look to the west of the southbound lane, ie. across the oncoming traffic flow.

I recently drove south on I-35, at night, but didn't see it...and I was definately keeping watch.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

With all due respect, I think the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

On this thread, https://www.reddit.com/r/exjw/comments/3edm0i/here_are_some_traffic_stats_for_the_billboard/

I posted these comments:

One would very conservatively guesstimate a MINIMUM of 4,000 unique visitors over the 4 weeks.

Less than $1. per unique.

Somewhat better than WTS' 10,000 hours per recruit. (Even at $10. per hour, think $100,000. per new recruit ) ( never mind, the real hours wasted, and the fuel and food costs, elder policing, etc. )

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    I think we should also think about the psychological impact this will have upon the non JW and the effect this will have upon the JW as they go from house to house in their evangelizing and cart work as they are forced to face the issues child molestation criminal cover ups that the GB has placed upon them.
  • Simon
    Simon

re: the grammar - one of the most effective marketing campaigns ever was Apple's crime-against-grammar "Think different".

The message is more important than the grammar and spelling as long as the latter don't detract from the former.

I wonder if people know of any measurable way of judging the success of this campaign - was it money well spent?

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

The subjunctive verb tense is being used, designating a contingent or hypothetical condition. Think Fiddler on the Roof song, If I "were" a rich man. Its use is much more common in Latin based languages than English. Can anyone confirm it's still up?

Edited, oh I see berry gerryberry already addressed the verb tense. Well,I second that motion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit