Anyone ever mess up??

by freedom96 13 Replies latest jw friends

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I think I'll just tell the funny ones . . . .

My best friend and I were never paired up for talks when we were kids because everyone knew we would get a giggle attack if we looked at each other while on the stage. Time passed - a LOT of time - and I was visiting my married friend-with-two-children-and-an-elder-husband and she asked me to be her householder because hers got sick at the last minute. Well, hey, I'm in my 20's, a seasoned pioneer, so we figured it would be okay. It wasn't. We got up there, started the talk, looked at each other and lost it.

Same thing happened with Big Tex when we were newlyweds. Fortunately, at that time we were in the "in" group and everyone thought it was cute.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Doing sound I played a recorded tape of the just given Pubic Talk by the visiting C.O. on chipmunk speed. That was fun! Many daggers thrown via looks

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    I was the congregation piano player in the 80's. One time I played the wrong song to open up the service meeting, in its entirety. I was off by one number. So then I had to play the REAL song all the way through too.

The congregation I was in used tapes, but the guy in charge of playing them had a real knack of playing the wrong ones. Amazingly, the congregation had a knack of singing any song to any tune. Usually about halfway through the second verse people started noticing that something was wrong.

• crownboy
    crownboy

What you are saying is so true funkyderek.

It's amazing how people take so long to figure out when the wrong song is playing. Aside from song numbers 3 and 12, I can't think of any two songs that are so alike you can't tell you're singing the right one from early on (and even those two have subtle differences). It's even more hilarious when they mess up and start singing the wrong tune to a "popular song".

Since I don't pray to any dieties anymore, over the past year or so I've actually prayed more times at Bookstudy than I have personally (0 times). I remember at one bookstudy, at which I'd payed unusually low attention, I was called upon to close in prayer. Now during my "praying days", I had a standard list of things I'd ask for, and of course the overall act of praying was a lot easier to execute.
    I could pretty much pray on any given occasion with no problem. However, here I was about to give a prayer, and I did not know what to say! I had no info from the BS to repeat, and I was going over in my head "what is it I should be praying for again?". It took a good 20 second pause or so, but I was able to figure out something to say, and was done in less than a minute. I'm usually more prepared now for such a situation, though I always do a little chuckle to myself thinking maybe I should just say "god already knows what we need supposedly, so why do we need to ask?".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit