Objections answered to the Deity of Christ

by aChristian 10 Replies latest jw friends

• aChristian
    aChristian

: show me one thing that Christ said would happen that could be shown to be true and a result of his or God's actions? ... I have never seen a prayer answered that couldn't be described as coincidence or part of every day happenstance. What proof other than faith can you give of any of Christ promises? Is God really interested in us humans at all, if so give evidence.

Ken,
    I assume you have read the New Testament. If that is the case, you know that Christ prophesied many things which came about after his death. These things include Jerusalem being surrounded by Roman armies, the terrible siege that then befell the city, its temple being totally destroyed, his followers being severely persecuted, the Christian gospel being preached throughout the world, and more.

Now I suppose you can say Jesus never really made such prophecies. Or that they came true by coincidence. The fact of the matter is that no matter what I say in response to your request for evidence you can say you don't believe Jesus ever really said what the Bible says he says or you can write it off to coincidence, including millions of stories of what believers say are answered prayers.

No one can ever prove to you that God exists and that he cares for you if you are not willing to believe it. There is no such thing as proof positive of anything for those who are not willing to believe something is true. For that reason a belief in God does require some faith. However, I believe that if you truly seek God and really want to do what is right He will provide you with all the evidence you need to believe in Him. I was not too long ago also a skeptic. I prayed to God that he would provide me with the evidence I needed to believe, if He did indeed exist. I believe God provided me with that evidence. However, what constitutes sufficient evidence for me may not amount to the same kind of evidence you need. I wish you well in your spiritual journey.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit