Kudos to Tony Blair, UK PM

by Amazing 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

... Not because he supports action regarding Iraq, for that is a debatable issue. Rather, it is because Tony Blair has proven to be a stand-up statesman who has been able to work well with two very different US administrations, Clinton then Bush ... while keeping his own moral clarity and vision. If Tony Blair represents the majority of British sentiments, then the USA can thank its lucky stars as having such a close friend and ally ... and Americans need to better appreciate our British brethern. I am sure that with the UK standing so close to the USA our own leaders will be guided wisely to do the best and right thing, be it regarding Iraq, or other world issues.

Edited by - Amazing on 8 September 2002 12:53:42

• joeshmoe
    joeshmoe
    If Tony Blair represents the majority of British sentiments, then the USA can thank its lucky stars as having such a close friend and ally

But he doesn't does he? I mean, isn't that what all the ruckus is about in England? Or maybe I'm just misinformed.

-Josh

• maximumflash
    maximumflash

Well said amazing!!!

Americans need to better appreciate our British brethern.

I suppose this includes you too Simon. LOL

I appreciate all of the American allies and friends. With me being in the United States Army, I may need to depend on them one day to save my life in combat. I would definitely do the same for them. I look foward to the day that I get a chance to work with our British allies so that we may exchange experiences and learn from one another.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I'm married to an Englishman. I support him.

A lot of English people feel the same about going to Iraq as a lot of Americans...that it doesn't really fall under the realm of a "war on terror." That it's what Bush has wanted to do all along.

• Kingpawn
    Kingpawn

We'll be at war with Iraq before the year is out. Reasons:

1. The US economy is bad and war puts people to work.

2. Bush boxed himself in a corner when he said the war on terrorism would be taken to those who sponsor or aid it. He's being pressed by supporters and the GOP fears the political fallout if the Democrats make it an election-year issue.

3. It distracts the press from Bush's past dealings with Harken Co. in re: possible insider trading and those of VP Cheney with possible accounting irregularities at Halliburton when he was CEO.

4. With the House of Representatives up for grabs and the Senate only one vote away from going Republican again, such an attack will produce two reactions:

(a) "Rally `round the flag."

(b) "Don't change generals (political leadership) in the middle of a battle. Hitler did frequently and it didn't work for him."

5. It'll give the Administration's supporters ammo to label its critics (or those like the ACLU who want the names of detainees at Camp X-Ray in Cuba) as weak on terrorism or anti-American.

The only thing that gives me hope he might not is that he hasn't really whipped us into war fever mode or explained why--beyond the tired line of a pre-emptive strike to prevent SH from getting weapons of mass destruction. They talk about what they want to do, but it's like they're floating trial balloons to test the public's reaction.

I'll be happy if events prove me wrong.

• willy_think
    willy_think

Tony is a good man no doubt, but remember his country is under US military occupation and so they are not quite as free to chose sides as they might seem.

• sleepy
    sleepy

willy_think EH?Are you on drugs?

Just goes to show what happens if you think with your willy.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

KingPawn,

Your post is just plain WRONG! No ifs ands or buts about it. To attribute such motives to our leadership is groundless. Were you accussing Clinton of Bombing the Sudan because of Monica Lewinski? That would be more accurate. A SH with weapons is a danger to the US and Israel. PERIOD!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

WILLY-THINK

That statement is so D*MNED Ignorant that I'm in physical shock by it. Guys like you aren't happy unless the US is the villan. Take your happy AS* to Iraq and live there for a while and tell me about it.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    Tony is a good man no doubt, but remember his country is under US military occupation

Muahahahaha! Such statements merely confirm how ignorant America is of its soon approaching subjugation by British weapons of mass destruction: Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings.

Muahahahamelgibsonsuckshahahaha!!

Expatbrit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit