DO YOU LIKE J W D BETTER THAN BEFORE?

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Over the last few months, changes have occured on this board. Many that complained have either left or post limitedly. Constant swearing is no longer accepted. Moderators are now in force. Traffic here has surged. New posters are coming on every day. Do you enjoy this board more than you did a few months ago? I do. But, I also miss many of those that have left or seldom comment. What about you???

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

"I like Log Cabin even better than before"

• minimus
    minimus

say what???

• Mimilly
    Mimilly

Minimus hon, this topic is a slippery slope. I hope no one uses it as a soap box to start flaming or attacking people.

I don't miss the fighting. It was too much, unnecessary, and depressing. It isn't a matter of the board before or now. It isn't a matter of the personalities involved.

Simon did not set this forum up to be the octagon where it's 'anything goes'. I'm sorry that Simon had to go through what he did, and am glad he's taken steps to lessen the stress on himself and the many people who call this place home.

Here's hoping this thread remains peaceful.

Mimilly

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Minimus,

The answer is Yes to all the above!!

Your polls are easy!

Cheers, Ozzie

Edited by - ozziepost on 8 September 2002 11:4:9

• minimus
    minimus

MIM...no evil intentions here. I REALLY appreciate the difference.

• LB
    LB

I like the board more now. People leave for all sorts of reasons. We've lost some users because they can't express their freedom of ignorance and we've lost some because we're too ignorant ourselves. We don't appreciate their efforts. In my book all were attention seekers and I hope they are getting the attention they need someplace else.

I always get a chuckle from one past poster who said (complaining about fluff) that his messages were like casting pearls before swine.

• Amazing
    Amazing

I too misss some who left. Others who left did so, not because of changes to the board, but because they could or would not not tame their own behavior. Some have left because they are tired of the ex-JW scene ... they have done it for years, and have decided to do other things. Some have left angry and upset. Some just get bored and will be back. Others get busy and can't get to the board as often.

I don't believe that swearing has been abolished, but it is how the swearing is used. I recently posted a joke that used the word "Shit" ... and it was not edited or deleted. I think where swearing is a problem is if it is used profusely, and especially in an attack on other posters. And as for Moderators, they are virtually invisible, except for a few posts here and there, such as the one attacking molestation victims that was deleted as well as the poster. No one finds that level of moderation offensive.

To me this board is as good and better over time ... and over 6,000 registered posters indicates that a lot of posters feel the same way.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I read some time before I actually got the courage up to participate. One reason is that things around here seemed so full throttle to me. It used to be that one could be attacked for little reason. I don't see that anymore. I too think that those that have left caused a great deal of trouble, and who wants that? I don't mind disagreement, but there is no need to get as personal as things used to. Perhaps it's just me, but I don't notice the moderators at all. I don't see where the forum has become politically correct or stifled in any way. And while I've been known to drop the big "F" bomb a few times, I don't miss seeing it every post. Just my thoughts . . . .

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I like the fact the this board is growing by leaps & bounds. I just hope Simon has enough room to support all the growth here. Pretty soon this board will be adding "6 to 8 congregations a day" too!

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit